Yeah, that art teacher still shouts "Wait! It gets better!" whenever someone goes out the back door in the middle of a lecture. I agree that he makes his lectures interesting though, at least compared with my other professors.
Not much happened today. Weird not having geology, I was done with classes at 11! I checked out ratemyprofessors.com and it turns out my geo. teacher has a very average, leaning towards negative, overall rating. Last conservation lecture we had a preserved juvenile bald eagle which ended up being the basis of discussion. Well today we had a young golden eagle. It had some impressive talons. Lots of raptors die by electrocution when they touch their wing tips down on power lines.
So I had a vast amount of time but it was just spent on homework and other non exciting occupations. I've been wondering how I've managed to stay illnessless since I've been here. I live in an icebox, I sleep in an icebox with a draft, I share a bathroom and kitchen with 50 people. Believe the periodic random consumption of vitamin C wafers has effectively kept those antagonistic viruses at bay. I wonder how long I can keep this cheating fate thing up.
Tomorrow evening is spa night. Ah hell..we'll be inundated with girls from other co-ops and their cosmetic products. Danielle is attempting to convince me to participate. I do have dinner dishes as an excuse, but I think that only partially works in regards to time. Saturday is the toga dance. Arg..I think I'd rather go to a movie social due to their inherently contradictive nature.
"It is at this moment of each year that I wish I were a muskrat, eye-deep in the marsh."
-Aldo Leopold, "March"
Not much happened today. Weird not having geology, I was done with classes at 11! I checked out ratemyprofessors.com and it turns out my geo. teacher has a very average, leaning towards negative, overall rating. Last conservation lecture we had a preserved juvenile bald eagle which ended up being the basis of discussion. Well today we had a young golden eagle. It had some impressive talons. Lots of raptors die by electrocution when they touch their wing tips down on power lines.
So I had a vast amount of time but it was just spent on homework and other non exciting occupations. I've been wondering how I've managed to stay illnessless since I've been here. I live in an icebox, I sleep in an icebox with a draft, I share a bathroom and kitchen with 50 people. Believe the periodic random consumption of vitamin C wafers has effectively kept those antagonistic viruses at bay. I wonder how long I can keep this cheating fate thing up.
Tomorrow evening is spa night. Ah hell..we'll be inundated with girls from other co-ops and their cosmetic products. Danielle is attempting to convince me to participate. I do have dinner dishes as an excuse, but I think that only partially works in regards to time. Saturday is the toga dance. Arg..I think I'd rather go to a movie social due to their inherently contradictive nature.
"It is at this moment of each year that I wish I were a muskrat, eye-deep in the marsh."
-Aldo Leopold, "March"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home