First off mom drove Becky and I to visit dad. I saw a bald eagle perched in a tree! I think just the second one I've ever seen. Not too many in the gorge anymore.
We got to visit for about forty minutes, which was nice. On the way back, I saw four deer making their way up a hill near the freeway, and then a great blue heron by the river. Cool. To make up for not seeing anything else since I've been here.
When we got home it was stockin' time. Food, socks, warm winter gloves..good stuff. Then we all ate huckleberry pancakes before the gifts. Three sweaters - excellent. Distinct lack of fitting sweaters before. Two CDs from mom, yay. The Bends and De Stijl. Listening to De Stijl now. I'm liking it immensely. I don't know why I hadn't acquired any of the White Stripes CDs before.
Mom had a Thanksgivingish dinner planned and had invited grandma out. So in the early aft'noon Becky and Andrew and I headed to town to pick her up. Mmm, turkey and all the compliments. I took Bosun on a walk after dinner, it was getting dark. The geese were coming in by the flock to land in the neighbor's pond. I'm fond of the sound of geese. I could hear them land in the water from the trail, pretty neat. Got back, we dove into dessert. It never ends; grandma brought us yet another dessert plate. Good fudge and mint brownies. Biscotti too. After, mom, Beckers, Andrew, and I took grandma home, and gawked at Christmas lights en route. And off the beaten path. Dense fog patches still. Tomorrow = snow hopefully. We saw some good displays. Really impressive. The "Joy" on the roof house sold out with "Santa Stop Here" and Wal Mart-esque inflatable snowman though. We drove through the old hotel grounds, as impressive as ever.
Becky found delight in dancin' as best she could with a seatbelt on to 1983 hits. Not an excess of actual Christmas music found. Just as well, for I am getting sick of it. Ah, good times. While Tim and mom watched an old Moody Blues video, Becky, Andrew, and I pursued trivia. "For the wedge.." was the phrase of the evening. We'll continue that game tomorrow, for it was consuming time. Discovered copy of that old home video we had wanted to watch. Entertaining watching Becky open my birthday gifts when I was too young. That's the sum of positive components of my Christmas.
We got to visit for about forty minutes, which was nice. On the way back, I saw four deer making their way up a hill near the freeway, and then a great blue heron by the river. Cool. To make up for not seeing anything else since I've been here.
When we got home it was stockin' time. Food, socks, warm winter gloves..good stuff. Then we all ate huckleberry pancakes before the gifts. Three sweaters - excellent. Distinct lack of fitting sweaters before. Two CDs from mom, yay. The Bends and De Stijl. Listening to De Stijl now. I'm liking it immensely. I don't know why I hadn't acquired any of the White Stripes CDs before.
Mom had a Thanksgivingish dinner planned and had invited grandma out. So in the early aft'noon Becky and Andrew and I headed to town to pick her up. Mmm, turkey and all the compliments. I took Bosun on a walk after dinner, it was getting dark. The geese were coming in by the flock to land in the neighbor's pond. I'm fond of the sound of geese. I could hear them land in the water from the trail, pretty neat. Got back, we dove into dessert. It never ends; grandma brought us yet another dessert plate. Good fudge and mint brownies. Biscotti too. After, mom, Beckers, Andrew, and I took grandma home, and gawked at Christmas lights en route. And off the beaten path. Dense fog patches still. Tomorrow = snow hopefully. We saw some good displays. Really impressive. The "Joy" on the roof house sold out with "Santa Stop Here" and Wal Mart-esque inflatable snowman though. We drove through the old hotel grounds, as impressive as ever.
Becky found delight in dancin' as best she could with a seatbelt on to 1983 hits. Not an excess of actual Christmas music found. Just as well, for I am getting sick of it. Ah, good times. While Tim and mom watched an old Moody Blues video, Becky, Andrew, and I pursued trivia. "For the wedge.." was the phrase of the evening. We'll continue that game tomorrow, for it was consuming time. Discovered copy of that old home video we had wanted to watch. Entertaining watching Becky open my birthday gifts when I was too young. That's the sum of positive components of my Christmas.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home