Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, December 24, 2004

In less than fifty minutes it be Christmas!

Today we all went to Timberline Lodge. There's a gigantic Christmas tree which was very impressive. The meager snow was very unimpressive. People were skiing and snowboarding anyway, but there's basically no snow to speak of. Perhaps this is why a golf course in Pine Grove is proposed? To ensure steady profits in time of non-ideal ski resort conditions?

It was fun wandering around the gift store and restaurants. We all ordered something to drink. Their hot spiced cider (with cinnamon stick!) is good, and cheaper than the bottled water by a quarter. It's very annoying driving with Tim in the front seat constantly saying "slow down" with ice not present and 'nook breathing on me and scratching the console.

Hmm..this evenin' we went to Tim's mom's for the traditional Christmas eve gathering. It was many plates of random foods rather than a formal dinner this time. Good stuff though. And excellent fudge..and cheesecake..I've been eating far too much sugar as of recently. Oh well. It is the holiday season. Linda got me this black shawl with fringes. Fits. It's something I'd not buy for myself but rather like. I should keep it instead of exchanging it. Quite warm. And she also got me a lot of foods. Peanuts and snack mix and whatnot. Good to take back with me when there's a lack of food on weekends.

In the non-relative news department, I'm dog/guinea pigs/geckositting for the Jacksons for a few days this next week. I'm taking Becky and Andrew over there after taco night on Monday so I can get the key and we shall visit.

Well, Merry Christmas...and stuff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home