Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Went on an errand trip w/mom today, first to Mosier to retrieve a few skunk traps and then to HR to mail a package to my roommate (Postal Annex has a huge peanut dispenser!), and pick up some random stuff. There is such a thing as algaecide. I just noticed it while in line at Wal Mart and found it amusing. I suppose it's for people that don't like green slimy plant growth in their swimming pools.

'Tis the season to toil over stupid scholarship essays..I registered on fastweb and found a bunch of random ones I can apply for. It's just so hard dedicating time to write formulaic and repetitive essays. True I can't complain, they're a life-saver, but honestly, can't there be more creative questions? It's the same junk over and over again (challenges, people who've had a big impact on your life, etc.). I'd love to see a free-response essay..that would be great. While hunting down all possible fitting descriptions of myself on fastweb I came upon something like "September 11, affected by." Sure I know what is meant - aren't we all kinda like, majorly affected by it, no matter if we personally knew anyone or not?! Sheesh!

I love how Tim all of a sudden likes U2.

I saw the White Stripes video for "Jolene" today..the last one on Subterranean. I can't believe I totally forgot about that show. In art we were learning about various art movements and one was called De Stijl and I remembered that as being one of their albums. It's Dutch for "the style" and the art movement is characterized by basic shapes and primary colors, plus black and white. Those artists even had a manifesto. And the cover of the album exemplifies the concepts of that movement. Pretty nifty.

Last night, discussing their arrival..
MuskratFan: I guess my primary concern is you two being too cute
Becky: that's what my friends are worrying about too. funny.
MuskratFan: it's the whole me not ever having a boyfriend thing...
Becky: yeah mer you gotta work on this..as in when a neighboring co-op's boys feed you breakfast, eat it.
MuskratFan: haha


2 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i found this on a wikipedia article on albatross. thought it was funny:

    When nesting, it is obvious how far their adaptation to flying has gone. Their landings are often better described as semi-controlled crashes.

    bwahahaha

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Blogger Merrie said...

    That's a brilliant summation. Guess there should be a saying to the tune of "fish out of water." Albatross out of air just doesn't work though..Albatross not flying? Awkward. I don't know..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home