Today was rather lackluster. I got up late, took Bo for a walk, and in the afternoon headed to town. More Christmas shoppin' at an undisclosed location, then I went to the Columbia Riverkeepers and helped with a letter mailing for a couple hours.
Last night I looked through my box of old school work and drawings (some done when I was like 3-5 years old). And then my mom had this Beatrix Potter memory book. In April 1988, my favorite foods were "condiments, such as mustard, ketchup, pickles, soy sauce." And "ice cream and treats." Woo, I sure was health conscious! No wonder I was off the low end of the chart on weight! That and the fact that I avoided milk in favor of grape juice whenever possible. There's a picture of Becky and I in there when "santa" visited in one of those Christmas fire trucks. And then a description of our typical Christmas. Those were good times. It's just not the same. I used to get up at the crack of dawn Christmas morning and have to wake people up; now it's just like any other day..only slightly more exciting.
Tomorrow is totally unplanned, I don't know what I'm going to do to prevent boredom. I'd love to go hiking but it really isn't a good idea by myself..I've got to start making the most of my time here!
"Save $5 and ease the season's tension for your cat."
Last night I looked through my box of old school work and drawings (some done when I was like 3-5 years old). And then my mom had this Beatrix Potter memory book. In April 1988, my favorite foods were "condiments, such as mustard, ketchup, pickles, soy sauce." And "ice cream and treats." Woo, I sure was health conscious! No wonder I was off the low end of the chart on weight! That and the fact that I avoided milk in favor of grape juice whenever possible. There's a picture of Becky and I in there when "santa" visited in one of those Christmas fire trucks. And then a description of our typical Christmas. Those were good times. It's just not the same. I used to get up at the crack of dawn Christmas morning and have to wake people up; now it's just like any other day..only slightly more exciting.
Tomorrow is totally unplanned, I don't know what I'm going to do to prevent boredom. I'd love to go hiking but it really isn't a good idea by myself..I've got to start making the most of my time here!
"Save $5 and ease the season's tension for your cat."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home