Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Woah, basically my whole day was spent studying for art. At this point I'm still guessing whether or not obsessively writing crap down is instrumental in helping me remember. It could just be contributing to a build-up of tension that will result in carpel-tunnel 30 years from now. But then I guess I could cite my blog as being the most detrimental in that department.

"Please relieve us of our gluttony - take some candy" is now written on our board, accompanied by an arrow pointing to our bucket of candy outside in the corner. This is one of those containers with a funny looking lid that originally held red licorice. After Thanksgiving break Jasmine had several bags of assorted candy to put in it. It was seriously filled to the brim, and once it got to the point that there was a thin layer on the bottom left, we were desperate. I shudder to think of the sum of calories I've consumed in pure sugar and fat. The vast majority of that candy was consumed by her and I, with only sporadic dipping-into taking place by visitors. We resolve to do away with the candy bucket from now on. It's just not healthy. And we totally wouldn't be eating this much sugar if it wasn't sitting there so tempting and so accessible.

A "friend request" on facebook I received today puzzles me because a) we weren't friends in high school...or ever, b) my dislike for this person is as deeply rooted as my dislike for the rest of the so-called "popular" people that completely ignored me on the basis of my non in-crowd status, and c) person still ignores me.
I confirmed it because I want to avoid further hostility.

In the afternoon I studied for like, four hours. Overkill, yes. I ceased an hour before dinner. At 7:30 I met Michael (from art class-not K.!) at the library to study for the art final. He pretty much has an advantage considering he's taken the class before. But I think my relentless pursuit and targeting of information (like a crazed hunter) has helped somewhat, for I seem to be able to answer most questions in a fairly prompt and concise manner. I also want to throw in succinct. That's an awesome word. One more day of studying. I think a different approach might help though. It's like when I just write stuff down it loses its context. So perhaps just skimming the book will assist in cementing ideas.

Two more days!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh! If you don't mind, would you tell me who the person who had sent you the friends request over facebook?

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home