Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, December 03, 2004

Last day of classes of my first term! Now I just have finals to look forward to. I've decided I need to find a way to roll with the punches a great deal more than I have been, and just relax about some things. Stressing is totally detrimental at this point; must put in the time so that I feel comfortable and not panicky. Even better if I can apply that to other areas of my life.

Math was just questions from the review problems. In conservation we had one last powerpoint which just tied some things together and left us with a few last quotes from Aldo Leopold. Then the bonus quiz which he made out to be so difficult. That was seriously the easiest quiz we've had..like no short essay, purely multiple choice. So that should help me. I think I got one wrong though. Then in geology we turned in our final projects and got pizza and more stuff about interpretation and we also did the ever-prevalent scantron course evaluation. I think I was too liberal with the "good" ratings and too stingy on the "fair" ratings for that class. Because it wasn't really that great, even if I totally blame myself for the midterm.

I went to the bookstore with Salmon Without Rivers. I even still had the receipt, but that was unnecessary. They exchanged it for a brand new copy which is most excellent. No huge missing chunks (or any size missing chunks for that matter).

Another study session for conservation. Right up until 7 it was just me and two guys so we started a round of hangman (it resulted in "salmon" simply and appropriately). Luckily the prof. and a handful of other students showed up. What can one expect on a Friday night though.
Not a whole lot of in-depth stuff this time; most questions were just answered by an overview of some of the slides. Yay though because this test is only going to be worth as many or fewer pts. than the midterm. Sounds like it'll be pretty similar ("not merely regurgitation"). I like his philosophy..meaningful tests that minimize the time constraint factor and subsequent stressing/indecisiveness.

Ha..yesterday I forgot to mention my phone call home, which is notable because I called to tell mom to make a dentist appointment and to forget about acquiring an office chair for me, and ended up getting a fifteen minute speel from Tim about the fruit packing plant rodent control program and how everyone's always trying to f*** his business up. It was a classic Tim lecture, conclusion being "you've got to stand up for something or you'll fall for anything." I usually am able to extract some appreciation for such incidents only after the fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home