I just lost my post. Rewriting is obligatory. Yet the uniqueness of that one is lost forever.
Happy Thanksgiving to y’all..I suppose it’s nearly passed but there are always turkey sandwiches. Where to begin (again)? I’m in the new house. Walking into the finished house yesterday for the first time, it’s like indescribable emotion. Truly difficult to believe. I love it. Very comfortable. The deck is all modern too, heavy cable in lieu of standard wood railing. And Tim’s wagon wheels which were used in the movie Cattle Queen with Ronald Reagan serve as the front porch’s sides. It’s hardcore rustic. Especially with the wolf rug. It looks awesome in the living room, as does the cougar. Much better against white walls. Even with the years of accumulation of terribly uncoordinated accessories that wreaked havoc in the old house, everything came together here with good results. My room..I’d like to think of it as the perfect blend between the prettier simplistic and the borderline eccentric wildlife decor. Still getting accustomed to the bear rug on the floor. Thus far I’ve avoided injuring it which is good considering it could result in my own injury.
The journey home yesterday was fighting against insane traffic. We left around 3:15 and with two fairly short stops arrived home at 7:30! We had to stop by Larry’s in Portland (The Critter Gitter) so he could give us some moose pepperoni and venison. Last spring he got a brown colored black bear in Canada (in fact it charged him and died about 15 ft distance!) and recently got the rug back so we got to see it too. It was really gorgeous, like a small grizzly because its extremities are dark chocolate and the back and shoulders are more blond. Never seen plusher fur on a bear either.
So last night after wandering around the house in awe for a while I went to see Prissy and Sassy, who have the run of the old place. And Bosun, who is rather isolated out there in our old backyard! I brushed and fed him. Then I didn’t really do much of anything but stayed up till 2.
Today was the Thanksgiving parade followed by the dog show, and we found A Christmas Story too. I’m guessing one in the 24 hour marathon of that movie? I can’t remember if that happens on Thanksgiving or closer to Christmas. I took Bosun on a walk to the pipes, and since the canal is totally drained we walked the banks on the way back. At one point he caught scent of something intriguing originating in the woods, and backtracked. Couldn’t even begin to climb the bank though. I suppose that’s the disadvantage of being a basset; you’ve got one of the best noses in dogdom and are unable to thoroughly investigate due to pathetically short legs. I found an abundance of bobcat tracks in the mud in addition to the ever numerous deer and elk tracks. And, fittingly enough, a turkey wing feather.
In the afternoon Tim’s mother and Linda’s mother and her husband stopped by, got the tour. Then grandma and my aunt Margaret. After that rush of visitors we did get to eat. The traditional Thanksgiving fare...excellent. To think that some turkey and rolls are what’s behind the furied frenzy of traffic and mad dashing on this most traveled holiday though! Family too I guess, but so centered around this feast consisting of a hodgepodge. Who thought to put jellied cranberries and turkey together anyway?
Later on Robin, Maribeth, and McKenzie stopped by. I just can’t deal with small children! Sure, she asked if she could "play" with my books and I replied affirmatively..but sheesh.
After a printer hassle I did print out a super cover page for my geology project. I always find myself starting with the easiest and funnest components of such assignments. I realize I’ll probably not get that project finished this weekend, but I have a week. Tomorrow I believe we’re going to The Dalles for a mini shopping extravaganza.
Happy Thanksgiving to y’all..I suppose it’s nearly passed but there are always turkey sandwiches. Where to begin (again)? I’m in the new house. Walking into the finished house yesterday for the first time, it’s like indescribable emotion. Truly difficult to believe. I love it. Very comfortable. The deck is all modern too, heavy cable in lieu of standard wood railing. And Tim’s wagon wheels which were used in the movie Cattle Queen with Ronald Reagan serve as the front porch’s sides. It’s hardcore rustic. Especially with the wolf rug. It looks awesome in the living room, as does the cougar. Much better against white walls. Even with the years of accumulation of terribly uncoordinated accessories that wreaked havoc in the old house, everything came together here with good results. My room..I’d like to think of it as the perfect blend between the prettier simplistic and the borderline eccentric wildlife decor. Still getting accustomed to the bear rug on the floor. Thus far I’ve avoided injuring it which is good considering it could result in my own injury.
The journey home yesterday was fighting against insane traffic. We left around 3:15 and with two fairly short stops arrived home at 7:30! We had to stop by Larry’s in Portland (The Critter Gitter) so he could give us some moose pepperoni and venison. Last spring he got a brown colored black bear in Canada (in fact it charged him and died about 15 ft distance!) and recently got the rug back so we got to see it too. It was really gorgeous, like a small grizzly because its extremities are dark chocolate and the back and shoulders are more blond. Never seen plusher fur on a bear either.
So last night after wandering around the house in awe for a while I went to see Prissy and Sassy, who have the run of the old place. And Bosun, who is rather isolated out there in our old backyard! I brushed and fed him. Then I didn’t really do much of anything but stayed up till 2.
Today was the Thanksgiving parade followed by the dog show, and we found A Christmas Story too. I’m guessing one in the 24 hour marathon of that movie? I can’t remember if that happens on Thanksgiving or closer to Christmas. I took Bosun on a walk to the pipes, and since the canal is totally drained we walked the banks on the way back. At one point he caught scent of something intriguing originating in the woods, and backtracked. Couldn’t even begin to climb the bank though. I suppose that’s the disadvantage of being a basset; you’ve got one of the best noses in dogdom and are unable to thoroughly investigate due to pathetically short legs. I found an abundance of bobcat tracks in the mud in addition to the ever numerous deer and elk tracks. And, fittingly enough, a turkey wing feather.
In the afternoon Tim’s mother and Linda’s mother and her husband stopped by, got the tour. Then grandma and my aunt Margaret. After that rush of visitors we did get to eat. The traditional Thanksgiving fare...excellent. To think that some turkey and rolls are what’s behind the furied frenzy of traffic and mad dashing on this most traveled holiday though! Family too I guess, but so centered around this feast consisting of a hodgepodge. Who thought to put jellied cranberries and turkey together anyway?
Later on Robin, Maribeth, and McKenzie stopped by. I just can’t deal with small children! Sure, she asked if she could "play" with my books and I replied affirmatively..but sheesh.
After a printer hassle I did print out a super cover page for my geology project. I always find myself starting with the easiest and funnest components of such assignments. I realize I’ll probably not get that project finished this weekend, but I have a week. Tomorrow I believe we’re going to The Dalles for a mini shopping extravaganza.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home