Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

My copy of Salmon Without Rivers is missing 33 pages. I discovered this when, mid-sentence, the epilogue ran into the middle of the endnotes. Call that a major typo. Oops, we forgot to print a few thousand words! And didn't even bother with an apostrophe. No evidence of post-production manipulation either. Considering I spent almost $20 on that book and wanted to keep it I'm pretty annoyed. I certainly don't want a book that's missing a large portion as my keeper copy.

Melissa will be in both my math and chemistry class, and chemistry recitation. Good luck! I'm happy with my decision to keep my schedule, as it'll be nice having people I know in classes I'll probably end up despising.

Oh, geology was entertaining today. He wrapped up continental hotspots and went into interpreting geology to the public, and he had this slide show to go with Bette Midler's version of From A Distance. So each line went with a different slide; a photo from a national park with the lyrics. I could not stop laughing. It was terribly random, and definitely trying to achieve poignancy.

After class I stayed to have him go over my rough draft of the final project. Basically he said it looked good, and suggested the addition of a few minor details. Good sign. I might be able to pull off a respectable grade. I got 40/40 on my final set of essay questions. I would so be getting an A if I hadn't ruined everything with my awful performance on the midterm!

Jasmine and I made the decision to obtain a board for our door. Everyone else has a whiteboard..so we went to the OSU store and got a blackboard. It's like dry erase but comes with markers that become more visible as the writing dries. Pretty nifty, and it seems to be popular. It displaced the albatross, but this only led to my placement of a larger albatross in a more obscure spot on the door. As for my survey, I took it down. Kinda not needed anymore.

I decided to forego the book exchange/ice cream/bowling gathering for the FW club tonight in favor of the all-inclusive b-day party here. For one, I can't get rid of any books yet due to studying necessity, and for another, I'd rather have cake and ice cream than just ice cream any day. Of course I couldn't make up for the lack of bowling..but this was just so much more convenient. And there were cute decorations like ribbony "happy birthday" streamers in the door, and party plates and napkins, and funfetti cake. And vanilla ice cream with fudge swirls. I'm surprised more people didn't show up.

Hmm..tomorrow evenin' is the first study session for conservation. I'll go to that one and the ones on Friday and Sunday. I'll be helping cook dinner on Saturday so will miss that one. I'm definitely going to de-emphasize my math final on the scale of importance. What a fun weekend this won't be.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have fun with chem and be glad you don't have a clinic for it as well...

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home