Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, November 29, 2004

"Is it ok to wrestle deer and elk in wilderness areas?"
"Is a permit required?"
"I wouldn't be killing your animals, just Greco-Roman wrestle them."
"I hear it's a popular sport in Oregon."

I'm waiting to register for my classes. Jon registered for "reasoning and writing" for me which is now full. The plan is I can contact him tomorrow, he'll drop it, and, if no exceptionally sneaky or lucky people with uncanny timing are registering at the moment, I'll get in. Sketchy at best. I'm not going to rely on it. I totally wanted to take that film studies class which isn't offered this term, and declared previously I'd wait out on the"western culture" section of the bacc. core, but I may add the later film studies class to my schedule as a back up for the writing class, just in case. I suppose I can always take the earlier one next year if I have room for it.

I got a 96 on my math test. And one of the ones I didn't give an exact answer for he only took off 1 point out of 5, which surprised me. Nice to know that I don't have to produce a stellar score on my final for that class. Heck, it totally doesn't matter since (unfortunately) it isn't calculated into GPA. In conservation it's a different story. I have an A- right now and the final could solidify that A or majorly break it. Luckily organized study sessions are planned for three nights, which I will go to.

That mechanical pencil lead mom mailed about two weeks ago finally arrived today. Figures since I just bought three packs. It came in a little "we care about your mail, etc. etc." plastic bag; the envelope had busted open. Gee, thanks for that prompt reconciliation there Postal Annex!

Few and far between activities after classes. I believe I'm basically finished with the geology project. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Got it to four pages too, which I think is more than adequate.

At 9 everyone rushed to the bathroom to sign up for jobs during finals week. Random, yeah. I would've just liked to keep my jobs but apparently there's an assumption that most peoples' regular jobs will interfere with finals. So I got lunch dishes on Tuesday and dinner dishes and dish put away on Thursday. So I guess I kinda held on to Thursday's.

Paraphrased geo. prof. sidenote: "A few years ago marked the one hundred year anniversary for the expansion of the buffalo herd in Yellowstone. It was the bisontennial." (And yeah, that would make so much more sense in another hundred years!)

I also regret not contacting/seeing more people over break. Winter break will be better planned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home