Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Oh, back to school. Had a lovely break-didn't want to leave! This probably had something to do with the new house. And a reluctance to actually resume working. Now that I'm here though it's so much easier to get back into it. There's nothing to divert my attention. I've worked on my geology project a fair amount; it's near completion.

Anyway, back to the events aspect, I got up late so settled for a leisurely waffley breakfast instead of a walk. Mom took me to Jon's around 11:30 and we left from there at 12:30. Very good traffic situation..took us the minimal time, a bit over two and a half hours. I saw an impressive array of raptors. I was the first of my roommates to get back and it was actually warm in here since we finally figured out the heating situation. Difficult to accept the fact that we could've changed the miserable state of this room a heck of a lot sooner. I unpacked and everything and pretty much started working on the project again. No dinner, definitely should have realized that before.

What's terribly bothersome is the fact that I have my two more serious finals (math and conservation) on Monday and then have to wait until Friday for my art final. I so wanted to go home early..Jon gets to leave on Wednesday of finals week, and he said Graham's last one is on Tuesday! Starting tomorrow we have 22 hours of quiet per day until end of term here. That's just not going to happen. I can't see the majority of people studying that much during this upcoming week, but we shall see.

Jasmine got back early evening with several packages of candy for everyone..bonbons with peanut butter cream inside, small peanut butter cups, and...mini krackel!

Oatmeal swirlers-anyone out there recall this delicious hot cereal? I remember the strawberry variety was particularly good. http://www.inthe80s.com/cereal.shtml. Some things are meant to be reinvented. Strawberry jam on instant oatmeal does not suffice!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home