Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, December 06, 2004

Gosh freaking yes!! Two finals over.

Yesterday was icky - stressing and studying. I can't seem to come up with a surefire way to de-stress. I met Melissa at the library but it was unbelievably crowded (well, the Sunday before finals week..I guess that's predictable). We tried three floors and there was not one single empty table. Only individual computer cubicles. So we ended up studying here, which worked. Math..reviewing the review, it's next to impossible to study with someone for math. She asked me questions about ones she didn't get so at least I could explain how to do a few, which I'm sure helped me too. After math I studied for conservation. I was pretty tired by 10:30 so got to bed at 11. Except I was too stressed out and worried to sleep. So, I couldn't actually fall asleep until 2:30 or 3, so I ended up getting very little quality rest. It doesn't help that I usually wake up before my alarm by like an hour and a half.

I got up at 9 and studied a bit more, listened to a few Mundy tunes before heading to the MU to meet Melissa so we could walk over to our final. Funny, Dr. Snyder passed me and said "hi, see you in a few!" on Jefferson. The building was way over there by Covell where I usually have my math tests. We were there a half hour early and surprisingly there were a few other people in our class already there. We all sat around talking and looking over notes one last time. I was feeling pretty confident though just because I studied way more than I had for the midterm. Very nifty classroom. Swiveling chairs attached to long auditoreum row-like tables. So, he said it was 8 pages and everyone freaked out but it was only as many points as the midterm. And it was not bad. Very fair I thought, but I'm glad I studied as much as I did. Pretty difficult to predict just what was going to show up on that. Only one 3 part essay question worth a measly three points! Took me an hour and 15 minutes. I'm actually seriously going to miss that class.

Got back, ate quick snack, studied more math. Didn't study as much as I could have/should have for it though. But FW was totally my primary concern. Listened to selected few from Simon and Garfunkel to get psyched for my math final. It was in a building next to Nash, found the classroom after some trouble, passed a super impressive bird taxidermy collection. There was even a white pelican! Crazy. There must have been a hundred birds in glass cases in the hallway. So the math test wasn't fun but not horrible. I only left one blank; overall I'd say an honest estimate would be a B-. I got back about 10 minutes before dinner. It was so dark and dreary out though (raining all day) that I thought I'd missed it.

Wow, I just looked back at last year's post for this day and I took the SAT for the second time. A legacy of tests..here's to hoping that next year no test will overshadow Dec. 6.

Jasmine and I attempted to watch one of the Star Wars movies but it was a copy and was all messed up about a half hour into it. I'm trying to resist starting to study for art tonight; I think that would be on the obsessive side. I have three days purely devoted to studying for art. For now I'm just glad that that'll be it...and then, joyous break! I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home