Not much happening today, mainly studying for art. It's an arduous process.
I hope the study guide is true to the test..the one he gave us for the midterm seemed to be. But it also seems there's a sizable quantity of stuff we covered since that isn't on the guide.
Rachel stopped by. She likes Dixon more than Reed. Supposedly it's less high-school like in that there are a diminished number of annoying cliques. A definite plus. More "down-to-earth" people too. Her and Nicole and I discussed quirks, annoyances, and music. I burned a copy of OK Computer for Rachel and lent Nicole a few to make copies of. Rachel wants to come back with her computer and just rip a bunch of mine onto it..but I don't really like the idea of it. Like, ok, you've discovered artists that you like, now if you like them that much just go out and buy them. Especially if they're accessible and reasonably priced. Perhaps I'm just hesitant to let people obtain my more obscure absolute favorites by the lessened uniqueness it implies. Yeah, I know that's ridiculous. Akin to the people that claim to be "real" fans since the beginning of a group's formation not liking how everyone likes their "more commercialized" music now.
The film class meets every wednesday night in addition to the lectures. From freaking 7:00 until 10:50. Four hours? What's with that! Will we be watching two full length films every week? Wednesday nights are going to be so busy..FW club meetings are from 5:30 to 6:30. I suppose I can always skip some of them.
I hope the study guide is true to the test..the one he gave us for the midterm seemed to be. But it also seems there's a sizable quantity of stuff we covered since that isn't on the guide.
Rachel stopped by. She likes Dixon more than Reed. Supposedly it's less high-school like in that there are a diminished number of annoying cliques. A definite plus. More "down-to-earth" people too. Her and Nicole and I discussed quirks, annoyances, and music. I burned a copy of OK Computer for Rachel and lent Nicole a few to make copies of. Rachel wants to come back with her computer and just rip a bunch of mine onto it..but I don't really like the idea of it. Like, ok, you've discovered artists that you like, now if you like them that much just go out and buy them. Especially if they're accessible and reasonably priced. Perhaps I'm just hesitant to let people obtain my more obscure absolute favorites by the lessened uniqueness it implies. Yeah, I know that's ridiculous. Akin to the people that claim to be "real" fans since the beginning of a group's formation not liking how everyone likes their "more commercialized" music now.
The film class meets every wednesday night in addition to the lectures. From freaking 7:00 until 10:50. Four hours? What's with that! Will we be watching two full length films every week? Wednesday nights are going to be so busy..FW club meetings are from 5:30 to 6:30. I suppose I can always skip some of them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home