I walked to the meadow today. Very cold out, and foggy too. Took a few photos. It's really not much of a meadow in the winter, just an open expanse of dead foliage. But it's still kinda pretty. The only thing I saw were a couple squirrels. And I found a dead cat on the bank of the canal..
Then I had to take Bosun for a small romp before it got too dark. He got completely sidetracked tracking something, it was almost endearing. For a moment I had faith that that dog could actually do what bassets were originally intended to do. He led me through the woods between the house and the orchard, nose to the ground. But he got distracted and the quest ended rather abruptly.
After dinner mom and I drove around the upper valley to observe Christmas lights. We also heard of some crime sprees right here in this quaint little town. Not an overwhelming majority of Parkdalians go to too much trouble with decorations. But of the few impressive displays we came upon, I'd say the Jacksons win! Very cute..blue icicles and lighted candy cane path and outdoor trees.
Tomorrow will mark one week of break gone. That's bad..time is just slipping away. And I still have much shopping to do. Maybe I'll end up going to Hood River again. I'm hoping against hope that we'll actually get snow while I'm here. It really isn't looking promising. If this unremarkable (pathetic wimpy cold-but-not-cold enough liquidy precipitation) weather continues we're just going to have to travel to the mountain or something. A winter without snow is just not ok.
Gmail is working again.
Then I had to take Bosun for a small romp before it got too dark. He got completely sidetracked tracking something, it was almost endearing. For a moment I had faith that that dog could actually do what bassets were originally intended to do. He led me through the woods between the house and the orchard, nose to the ground. But he got distracted and the quest ended rather abruptly.
After dinner mom and I drove around the upper valley to observe Christmas lights. We also heard of some crime sprees right here in this quaint little town. Not an overwhelming majority of Parkdalians go to too much trouble with decorations. But of the few impressive displays we came upon, I'd say the Jacksons win! Very cute..blue icicles and lighted candy cane path and outdoor trees.
Tomorrow will mark one week of break gone. That's bad..time is just slipping away. And I still have much shopping to do. Maybe I'll end up going to Hood River again. I'm hoping against hope that we'll actually get snow while I'm here. It really isn't looking promising. If this unremarkable (pathetic wimpy cold-but-not-cold enough liquidy precipitation) weather continues we're just going to have to travel to the mountain or something. A winter without snow is just not ok.
Gmail is working again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home