Tomorrow Becky and Andrew will be here! I've been sprucin' up the house. I hope to persuade them to go hiking with me. They’re pondering Timberline Lodge, Crazy Pepper, Andrew’s Pizza, and even the beach for a night (which would deprive me of my vehicle).
Tim got a coyote in Odell today, and I wasn’t with him to photograph it. Darn. Last night I heard dogs barking so went out on the deck and eventually heard what sounded like two or three coyotes across the canal yipping. Then about fifteen minutes later another group of coyotes started up in the orchard. It was incredible; there had to have been another three or four down there. Just a good year for coyotes I guess, we’ve not had nearly as many around in recent years.
The oh-too-familiar sounds of "Amahl and the Night Visitors" have been heard from all corners of the house recently. The hobbling sound effects are horrific. As is "black sweet licorice, black sweet licorice...HAVE SOME!" Around here, one cannot experience the holidays and escape "Amahl and the Night Visitors." Although we no longer have a record player, mom now has it on tape. The insanity never ends!
Tim got a coyote in Odell today, and I wasn’t with him to photograph it. Darn. Last night I heard dogs barking so went out on the deck and eventually heard what sounded like two or three coyotes across the canal yipping. Then about fifteen minutes later another group of coyotes started up in the orchard. It was incredible; there had to have been another three or four down there. Just a good year for coyotes I guess, we’ve not had nearly as many around in recent years.
The oh-too-familiar sounds of "Amahl and the Night Visitors" have been heard from all corners of the house recently. The hobbling sound effects are horrific. As is "black sweet licorice, black sweet licorice...HAVE SOME!" Around here, one cannot experience the holidays and escape "Amahl and the Night Visitors." Although we no longer have a record player, mom now has it on tape. The insanity never ends!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home