Wow, a busy day. I drove Becky and Andrew to town this morning for Becky's appointment, we came home and ate lunch, then departed for a walk. I decided to take Bo along..offleash! Surprisingly, he kept up well. We went to the bridge. Came back, hung out for a while, and then everyone went to the Dalles for Becky's other appointment, and more shopping. Her and Andrew and I went to Fred Meyer while mom went across to the shopping complex. They have the niftiest umbrellas there. "Jelly Brellies" they are called. Cool squishy handles, like those stress relievers type things. We got out of Freddie's in time to meet mom for her to pick us up on schedule, but she was late. So we huddled in the cold, which was completely unnecessary given the lobby area. Eventually we went back in to see if we could get anything decent out of the "play 'till you win" candy machine. We ended up with a pixie stick, plastic fish, and random chewy candy. That was entertaining. Luckily we only had to wait about a total of fifteen minutes. Went to the grocery outlet and then Beck and Andrew sneakily snuck away for Christmas shopping for a few minutes.
Dinner, and then the old home videos (all two of them, separate rental-of-video-camera events) were brought out. This was of course after Andrew set up our DVD/VHS player. The first one was when I was one and then also had Becky's second birthday. The tape uh, kinda got messed up though because it rewound too fast and came off the spool. Hopefully we can get it fixed. We weren't taking chances with the puppy video so didn't rewind it all the way. This was 1992, when Tasha's puppies were probably about six or seven weeks old. Wow. The puppies were absolutely darling. I was six, Becky was nine (with a perm..haha!). Also an impressive display of late '80s/early '90s fashion - stretch pants! Loud lavender frilly shirt with giant gems attached! Clashing with reckless abandon! Apparently I spent all my excessive energy back then. Very embarrassing..I basically said "cheese" and a token few variations of "hi" over and over again. Becky, when asked her age, said "why should I tell you?" But when mom asked me, I seriously threw out my arms in exuberance and yelled "SIX!" Crazy. I was certainly not shy back then.
We took time out from the video for trimming the tree and eatin' cookays, and, as background music, "Amahl and the Night Visitors." Argh! Rest of the night more of the puppy video and tv.
Tomorrow remains relatively unplanned. We shall see.
Dinner, and then the old home videos (all two of them, separate rental-of-video-camera events) were brought out. This was of course after Andrew set up our DVD/VHS player. The first one was when I was one and then also had Becky's second birthday. The tape uh, kinda got messed up though because it rewound too fast and came off the spool. Hopefully we can get it fixed. We weren't taking chances with the puppy video so didn't rewind it all the way. This was 1992, when Tasha's puppies were probably about six or seven weeks old. Wow. The puppies were absolutely darling. I was six, Becky was nine (with a perm..haha!). Also an impressive display of late '80s/early '90s fashion - stretch pants! Loud lavender frilly shirt with giant gems attached! Clashing with reckless abandon! Apparently I spent all my excessive energy back then. Very embarrassing..I basically said "cheese" and a token few variations of "hi" over and over again. Becky, when asked her age, said "why should I tell you?" But when mom asked me, I seriously threw out my arms in exuberance and yelled "SIX!" Crazy. I was certainly not shy back then.
We took time out from the video for trimming the tree and eatin' cookays, and, as background music, "Amahl and the Night Visitors." Argh! Rest of the night more of the puppy video and tv.
Tomorrow remains relatively unplanned. We shall see.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home