I've been worrying a great deal today, about film studies..still. The fact that the entire class is based off one test terrifies me. Especially when this one test is a final. It implies I could spend far too much time studying for it and not pay enough attention to math and chemistry which are far more important. Today I heard someone say that the test is "a bitch." People run out of time and it's a "write all you know" style. I don't know what to do. My options are I could drop it, the deadline is Friday, and that would be that. Or I could change it to S/U (but I was thinking of doing that for math and then my GPA would be based off just two classes). Or I could leave it as is and hope for the best. Or I could S/U it and keep math normal.
Dropping it would mean I'm taking just 12 credits, which seems wimpy. And I have so many requirements! If I become accustomed to this lower level of credits it might be hard to work back up to the norm. later, as classes get tougher. Damn, the subject interests me but how can I enjoy it if I worry so much? It's just that having two chemistry recitations, a math recitation, and four hours of films every week seems a bit much. I absolutely hate the fact that I'm so intense about grades. I just don't know how to change though.
I think maybe if I could learn to stop worrying I'd actually feel comfortable with my classes due to more productive time and clarity of thought.
I guess today was average. Both my recitation teachers are students, which is cool. I'm going to have to learn to choose who I work with for lab exercises carefully though. Today the girls I worked with in math seemed nonchalant about the whole thing. At least Jasmine is in my chem. recitation, so I can work with her on Thursdays for the group problems.
Tomorrow is Napoleon Dynamite movie social, I'm lending my DVD for it, and I will miss it because of my required film viewing. Tonight I mopped the dining room floor. It took a good hour and a half, but was surprisingly enjoyable with music. Gosh, this blog orbits around academic tedium! Disgusting. I hate my life sometimes. Oh yeah, we got our hot water back today =)
Dropping it would mean I'm taking just 12 credits, which seems wimpy. And I have so many requirements! If I become accustomed to this lower level of credits it might be hard to work back up to the norm. later, as classes get tougher. Damn, the subject interests me but how can I enjoy it if I worry so much? It's just that having two chemistry recitations, a math recitation, and four hours of films every week seems a bit much. I absolutely hate the fact that I'm so intense about grades. I just don't know how to change though.
I think maybe if I could learn to stop worrying I'd actually feel comfortable with my classes due to more productive time and clarity of thought.
I guess today was average. Both my recitation teachers are students, which is cool. I'm going to have to learn to choose who I work with for lab exercises carefully though. Today the girls I worked with in math seemed nonchalant about the whole thing. At least Jasmine is in my chem. recitation, so I can work with her on Thursdays for the group problems.
Tomorrow is Napoleon Dynamite movie social, I'm lending my DVD for it, and I will miss it because of my required film viewing. Tonight I mopped the dining room floor. It took a good hour and a half, but was surprisingly enjoyable with music. Gosh, this blog orbits around academic tedium! Disgusting. I hate my life sometimes. Oh yeah, we got our hot water back today =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home