Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, January 10, 2005

Right when all seemed ok towards yesterday evening, as Jasmine was feeling better and I figured contagiousness was no longer a major concern, Kelley got back saying she was becoming ill. This concerned me because the possible identities of this ailment were elusive, and I have a lot of crap I must endure this week before going home (i.e. classes), and I didn't want to be sick when I'm home either. So my paranoia has manifested itself in me getting a flu shot today. True, it will be two weeks until it starts shielding me from the gaudy and unjust weaponry of myriad armies of Influenza, but I figure recommended vaccinations should go with the territory of living in close quarters with a sizable number of people (all of whom, I believe it's safe to say, are not as scrupulous about corralling germs as I).

So at least I prompted myself to locate the student health center. Unobservant me, it's right next to the building in which I learn about food in non-western cultures. So, today not much happened. A frustrated and disgruntled middle-aged man sitting next to me in algebra uttered "f***" as we all tried to scribble down notes while simultaneously attempting to comprehend equations of circles and completing the square. Luckily I got the assigned problems covering what she taught today done over the weekend, in an attempt to lessen my level of annoyance today. When one is understanding their math text better than their teacher, it's never a good sign. Tomorrow I have math recitation which should be ok considering the copy-your-homework style of quiz administered. Also chemistry recitation, which should also be ok, because we know all the possible problems that may appear on the quiz. I find chemistry to be more tolerable because the pace is actually reasonable.

House meeting..yay for board bills being equal to last term's! I thought they would go up dramatically with the diminished population.
And with luck the hot water shall once again cascade from our faucets sometime tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    Wow, you found a flu vaccine? I want one!! I signed up for one way back in late Sept/early Oct. and the f*$#ing shortage prevented me from actually receiving it. ONE MORE THING THIS COUNTRY IS INCOMPETENT ABOUT: Protecting people from a known killer (I think it kills what, 30 thousand people a year in the US?) -- why do we spend so much trying to prevent things like smallpox and anthrax, diseases we don't have a problem with yet (I have a feeling terrorists are more interested in bombs than biological weapons) and not with KNOWN diseases? ARGH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home