It's been entirely too long since my last substantial update. Friday and Saturday night were actually fun for a change. Friday evening Jasmine and I walked downtown to this new Italian gelato caffe, she met some of her friends from crew there. I got 1/2 coconut 1/2 peanut butter chocolate - a stunning combination. So gelato, like dippin' dots, is another wonderful alternative to your standard ice cream. It started raining on the walk back. We heard what sounded like tribal drumming reverberating off the library walls. We eventually found the source of this commotion on the sidewalk by the quad: a group of people, clad in peacock feathers and gold colored accessories, wearing rattling noise-making devices on their calves, in a circle around a campfire pit (no fire, just a pit), dancing. There were a couple people drumming near the center of the circle. We watched them for like 15 minutes..it was awesome. They were skilled. I'm still not sure what that was about but nevertheless they were good.
Last night roomates and I went bowling. Another group from Reed showed up a few minutes after us. The first game I think I got one or two strikes and a spare, I ended up with 94, right in the middle. The next game I got one strike and four spares which made up for several gutterballs. Again I ended up with 94. The last game my skill just deteriorated or whatever and I only got 85. I wish to bowl more often. After we got back I didn't want to just sit and read my chemistry book so decided to make popcorn (no, I decided to stick a bag of microwaveable popcorn in the microwave). The group that bowled next to us was there in the dining room with a board game by the title of "Murder She Wrote," with Angela Lansbury's face on the top. How could I resist joining them? I had no idea what I was doing, but it was an established fact that I wasn't the murderer which made it easier on everyone. I was the second person to incorrectly accuse someone, hence, I lost. After that Matt and Paul wanted to go to Winco to obtain turnips. I guess turnips are pretty good just raw. So Heather and I went with them and searched for Jones sodas to no avail, got the turnips, and went home. The rest of the evening and early morning was spent condimentizing the turnips, observing Matt attempting to carve Angela Lansbury's likeness from the largest turnip (it ended up looking like Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas), and sitting in the very messy and crowded Sharis restaurant. It was a grand random time.
Today Jasmine and I were required to prepare dinner for the co-op. Spaghetti again! With frozen meatballs. Our timing was a bit skewed as we anticipated a greater span of time for water to boil, and the 'sghetti was cooked to perfection long before anything else was done. The instructions on the meatball package stated 15 minutes in the oven for 16 meatballs. But we had 140. So no clue as to how long it would take. Finally someone located a meat thermometer for us. It took awhile to get them up to an internal temperature of 165 deg. F. Everyone started milling in and asking us when it would be done. Eat some freaking crackers if you're that starving for goodness sakes. Five crackers never put a dent in anyone's appetite. Everything came together eventually. I think it turned out pretty good. Except we had a lack of Prego, and of course an abundance of meatballs.
Last night roomates and I went bowling. Another group from Reed showed up a few minutes after us. The first game I think I got one or two strikes and a spare, I ended up with 94, right in the middle. The next game I got one strike and four spares which made up for several gutterballs. Again I ended up with 94. The last game my skill just deteriorated or whatever and I only got 85. I wish to bowl more often. After we got back I didn't want to just sit and read my chemistry book so decided to make popcorn (no, I decided to stick a bag of microwaveable popcorn in the microwave). The group that bowled next to us was there in the dining room with a board game by the title of "Murder She Wrote," with Angela Lansbury's face on the top. How could I resist joining them? I had no idea what I was doing, but it was an established fact that I wasn't the murderer which made it easier on everyone. I was the second person to incorrectly accuse someone, hence, I lost. After that Matt and Paul wanted to go to Winco to obtain turnips. I guess turnips are pretty good just raw. So Heather and I went with them and searched for Jones sodas to no avail, got the turnips, and went home. The rest of the evening and early morning was spent condimentizing the turnips, observing Matt attempting to carve Angela Lansbury's likeness from the largest turnip (it ended up looking like Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas), and sitting in the very messy and crowded Sharis restaurant. It was a grand random time.
Today Jasmine and I were required to prepare dinner for the co-op. Spaghetti again! With frozen meatballs. Our timing was a bit skewed as we anticipated a greater span of time for water to boil, and the 'sghetti was cooked to perfection long before anything else was done. The instructions on the meatball package stated 15 minutes in the oven for 16 meatballs. But we had 140. So no clue as to how long it would take. Finally someone located a meat thermometer for us. It took awhile to get them up to an internal temperature of 165 deg. F. Everyone started milling in and asking us when it would be done. Eat some freaking crackers if you're that starving for goodness sakes. Five crackers never put a dent in anyone's appetite. Everything came together eventually. I think it turned out pretty good. Except we had a lack of Prego, and of course an abundance of meatballs.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home