Ok, for Becky's sake, I'm going to try to update more frequently.
I'm back at school again..harsh. I don't particularly want to be here, but I have to make this term better than the last.
Things that happened since last post: another hike and (unsuccessful) antler hunt which led to some confusion about where we were in relation to Bald Butte, torrential downpours and salamander sightings, antique selling on ebay for Tim, Bosun walks, visiting with dad, summer job pondering and subsequent phone calls and one iffy interview, and Easter.
Last night I made oatmeal bread. An enjoyable activity with good results. If one can bear to knead scrumptious bread dough for ten minutes I highly recommend constructing a loaf. Scott and Linda stopped by and we talked over hors doevres in lieu of an actual dinner. Scott and Tim got into a heated discussion over measure 37 and the fate of their childhood home. This morning was the traditional breakfast at the Charburger..of all places to go on Easter...but their strawberry Belgian waffles with whipped cream are nice and fluffy. It would have been a poor day for an Easter egg hunt anyway, and I didn't want to wrassle with hard-boiled eggs and coloring kits. There's only so many times one can sit and watch the color tablet fizz in vinegar before the whole holiday becomes a bore. I saw three deer on the way home. Then I packed up all my stuff and I drove most of the way here. As usual the excursion required the super windshield wiper setting. Then I had mum drive for the last half hour on the freeway. I saw a coyote in a field near the road and it looked like it was after a prey item.
I have all my stuff unpacked, I dusted the excessive lint from my desk, and tomorrow I have women's studies, chemistry, and yoga. I don't have to be manually woken up at all this term..yay for that.
I'm back at school again..harsh. I don't particularly want to be here, but I have to make this term better than the last.
Things that happened since last post: another hike and (unsuccessful) antler hunt which led to some confusion about where we were in relation to Bald Butte, torrential downpours and salamander sightings, antique selling on ebay for Tim, Bosun walks, visiting with dad, summer job pondering and subsequent phone calls and one iffy interview, and Easter.
Last night I made oatmeal bread. An enjoyable activity with good results. If one can bear to knead scrumptious bread dough for ten minutes I highly recommend constructing a loaf. Scott and Linda stopped by and we talked over hors doevres in lieu of an actual dinner. Scott and Tim got into a heated discussion over measure 37 and the fate of their childhood home. This morning was the traditional breakfast at the Charburger..of all places to go on Easter...but their strawberry Belgian waffles with whipped cream are nice and fluffy. It would have been a poor day for an Easter egg hunt anyway, and I didn't want to wrassle with hard-boiled eggs and coloring kits. There's only so many times one can sit and watch the color tablet fizz in vinegar before the whole holiday becomes a bore. I saw three deer on the way home. Then I packed up all my stuff and I drove most of the way here. As usual the excursion required the super windshield wiper setting. Then I had mum drive for the last half hour on the freeway. I saw a coyote in a field near the road and it looked like it was after a prey item.
I have all my stuff unpacked, I dusted the excessive lint from my desk, and tomorrow I have women's studies, chemistry, and yoga. I don't have to be manually woken up at all this term..yay for that.


1 Comments:
At 7:01 AM ,
Becky said...
yaaaayy! a post!
thanks Mer -- have fun in your classes =)
Post a Comment
<< Home