An overcast day. But Friday, yay. I'm quite thankful for that. Today was my food midterm, which was a piece of cake..haha. En route to class I spotted a lone dude sitting at a card table with a sign that said "Hi, come draw a cartoon with me." Which sounded fun, so I hoped he'd still be there when I got out. I finished the test in like 20 minutes. I forgot what the frequent contaminant of hamburger was. Logically, I thought "e. coli" but since that was not a possible I opted for "methane." The guy was still there so I sat down with a little blank sheet of paper and ended up doodling some random animals..no context, but oh well. This guy is an art major and the objective of the project is to alleviate stress and show students that they can be creative. All the "results" are going to be compiled in a book. Nifty, eh?
I am pondering Friday morning yoga rather than the standard HHS activity. It's at 8:00 in the morning and I think that would be good for me..truth be told if I don't have an early morning class I'm just going to sleep in and that will be like time wasted. Also the nutrition and health class rather than the general 400+ students HHS lecture. It would be an evening class, but only once a week. And the yoga would be a couple hours rather than one. Same diff. though. Might be more interesting.
I talked with my advisor some today, and I have some options..he was even talking about a summer internship. Even a spring term internship in place of a few classes. Interesting. I will talk with the internship coordinator. I think I want to take this "discovery" test thingy, it's a personality inventory type evaluation which may be utterly usesless. But one never knows. It may suggest that I should at least consider a career in paleontology.
This has got to be the first Friday in a respectable length of time that I haven't done homework. A step in the right direction with the wrong foot perhaps. Nevertheless, a welcome adjustment. Jasmine and I watched Romeo + Juliet (yeah, I know) because we had nothing better to do and she had never seen it. I found that appalling. It's such a classic now. Hard to believe that came out like 9 years ago. Wow. One really has to listen for "To You I Bestow." It's barely detectable. Confused soundtrack purchasers no doubt. Tomorrow I shall be assisting to prepare spaghetti for dinner. It's the reliable back-up for those of us that can't actually cook. Weekends around here are usually very spaghetti-ish.
I am pondering Friday morning yoga rather than the standard HHS activity. It's at 8:00 in the morning and I think that would be good for me..truth be told if I don't have an early morning class I'm just going to sleep in and that will be like time wasted. Also the nutrition and health class rather than the general 400+ students HHS lecture. It would be an evening class, but only once a week. And the yoga would be a couple hours rather than one. Same diff. though. Might be more interesting.
I talked with my advisor some today, and I have some options..he was even talking about a summer internship. Even a spring term internship in place of a few classes. Interesting. I will talk with the internship coordinator. I think I want to take this "discovery" test thingy, it's a personality inventory type evaluation which may be utterly usesless. But one never knows. It may suggest that I should at least consider a career in paleontology.
This has got to be the first Friday in a respectable length of time that I haven't done homework. A step in the right direction with the wrong foot perhaps. Nevertheless, a welcome adjustment. Jasmine and I watched Romeo + Juliet (yeah, I know) because we had nothing better to do and she had never seen it. I found that appalling. It's such a classic now. Hard to believe that came out like 9 years ago. Wow. One really has to listen for "To You I Bestow." It's barely detectable. Confused soundtrack purchasers no doubt. Tomorrow I shall be assisting to prepare spaghetti for dinner. It's the reliable back-up for those of us that can't actually cook. Weekends around here are usually very spaghetti-ish.


3 Comments:
At 2:40 PM ,
Becky said...
Take yoga! it's very relaxing (better not have a really boring class right afterwards). Good for balance!
At 5:50 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I've never seen Romeo + Juliet... Never even heard of it... Sorry... *shrugs*
Oh, I finally check your blog after like forever. I'm glad you got the DVD! I was starting to get a bit worried about it and maybe not have putting enough postage but it's good to know that it got there. I thought I might have been $0.01 off but I figure it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. :)
Sherry
At 12:55 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Romeo + Juliet is a great movie in my opinion... I even bought it on dvd since I love it so much, the soundtrack is pretty good, a couple of weird songs are on it though. Go beavs.
Post a Comment
<< Home