Wow, my blog loyalty is not so steadfast. I used to pride myself in updating daily. Sad, is it not?
Well, this week has been ridiculously and unnecessarily stress-inducing. For one, after getting back into my math class, I had that midterm on Tuesday. A lovely post V-day gift. And I could have spent that entire previous weekend studying for it rather than torturing myself over the "should I/should I not" thing. So I barely studied for it but I knew I could do pretty well given the outrageous quantity of time I had into it just from the homework and the tutoring. So I managed to only miss two and got an A-. Wow, I was pleasantly surprised. I still hate the class though, and it's still going to be tough to keep up my motivation to learn/do the homework. So, not much has changed in that department.
So Tuesday night for some reason I only obtained three or four hours of sleep. And Wednesday night was about the same, so yesterday I was trying to function with a grand total of about 7 hours of sleep from the past two nights. It's extremely uncool being tired and unable to actually fall asleep. Luckily last night was a slight improvement.
I had my second chemistry midterm today, and I was all nervous about it. I could picture myself panicking and failing, which is never a good thing. Plus I got there only ten till and the previous class obviously had a test or something too since they were staggering out quite staggered. So there were a ton of people crowded in the hall and I really wanted to get a decent spot not stuck in a middle. All this circumstantial stuff just conglomerated with my natural neurotic nervousness. But luckily his practice exams are incredibly close to the real deal, and the problems are a whole heck of a lot easier than the book problems, and all the information wasn't magically erased the second I glanced at the first problem, so I did alright. He posted the answers in the hall immediately after class so I joined the mob and managed to write down the solutions to figure out I missed two. Dang those open-ended mercury manometer questions! I thought I finally had those down. Guess not..it's so freaking simple too! Arg.
I'm going to try and figure out what I want to take next term sometime soon. Second term chem. and HHS for sure, but then I don't know..field sampling would only bump it up to 11 credits. But there's a four hour trip involved every week for that. So I don't know if I want a class with a lab and recitation, one with an activity, and another with a huge ass field trip every week, in addition to another bacc. core class. So I don't know yet. I have an advising appt. on Tuesday..hopefully that will help.
Hmm, if I can just get through these last weeks and make it to spring break..I might actually be happy. No matter what happens I know next term will be better. I know, because I will not be in this math class. Even if I fail it, I'm not going back into a mainstream precalc. class. Sunday is work party, which isn't so bad. It is followed by pizza. Plus at least it's obviously constructive.
Well, this week has been ridiculously and unnecessarily stress-inducing. For one, after getting back into my math class, I had that midterm on Tuesday. A lovely post V-day gift. And I could have spent that entire previous weekend studying for it rather than torturing myself over the "should I/should I not" thing. So I barely studied for it but I knew I could do pretty well given the outrageous quantity of time I had into it just from the homework and the tutoring. So I managed to only miss two and got an A-. Wow, I was pleasantly surprised. I still hate the class though, and it's still going to be tough to keep up my motivation to learn/do the homework. So, not much has changed in that department.
So Tuesday night for some reason I only obtained three or four hours of sleep. And Wednesday night was about the same, so yesterday I was trying to function with a grand total of about 7 hours of sleep from the past two nights. It's extremely uncool being tired and unable to actually fall asleep. Luckily last night was a slight improvement.
I had my second chemistry midterm today, and I was all nervous about it. I could picture myself panicking and failing, which is never a good thing. Plus I got there only ten till and the previous class obviously had a test or something too since they were staggering out quite staggered. So there were a ton of people crowded in the hall and I really wanted to get a decent spot not stuck in a middle. All this circumstantial stuff just conglomerated with my natural neurotic nervousness. But luckily his practice exams are incredibly close to the real deal, and the problems are a whole heck of a lot easier than the book problems, and all the information wasn't magically erased the second I glanced at the first problem, so I did alright. He posted the answers in the hall immediately after class so I joined the mob and managed to write down the solutions to figure out I missed two. Dang those open-ended mercury manometer questions! I thought I finally had those down. Guess not..it's so freaking simple too! Arg.
I'm going to try and figure out what I want to take next term sometime soon. Second term chem. and HHS for sure, but then I don't know..field sampling would only bump it up to 11 credits. But there's a four hour trip involved every week for that. So I don't know if I want a class with a lab and recitation, one with an activity, and another with a huge ass field trip every week, in addition to another bacc. core class. So I don't know yet. I have an advising appt. on Tuesday..hopefully that will help.
Hmm, if I can just get through these last weeks and make it to spring break..I might actually be happy. No matter what happens I know next term will be better. I know, because I will not be in this math class. Even if I fail it, I'm not going back into a mainstream precalc. class. Sunday is work party, which isn't so bad. It is followed by pizza. Plus at least it's obviously constructive.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home