Today consisted of a lot of nothing, work party, and a lot more nothing. Got stuck with the laundry room, and I was only working with one other person, so it took us the whole three hours. But it sure looks spiffy now. Plus we were rewarded with good pizza and a nice abundance and diversity of candy (gum drops!), fudge stripe cookays, etc.
This evening I traveled to the library hoping to rendezvous with a decent math tutor from the MLC, which did not happen. Nice walk though. Strangely enough, the air smelled carnivaly, like teriyaki chicken kabobs. So basically accomplished little in the two hours I was there. I love how these last two sections have relied heavily on graphing calculator methods when we're not allowed them on tests. Plus the book is just downright crappy. Prime example: "The graph of f can be misleading because of the possibility that a zero lies outside the viewing window. Instead, we can apply the following test, the proof of which is beyond the scope of this text." Ok, so no, I don't wish to know the proof, but that just doesn't seem right! Does it?
I'm still trying to figure out what to take next term.."Endangered Species, Society, and Sustainability" would be awesome but wouldn't work with field sampling. I wish the field trips were on weekends..that would make it so much more convenient. And I have to say it, I'm soo weary of these little filler requirements like HHS. I thought I was finally done with PE-ish classes, but no. One last chance for serious injury. I'd love to be able to take badminton in lieu of the general activity class.
This evening I traveled to the library hoping to rendezvous with a decent math tutor from the MLC, which did not happen. Nice walk though. Strangely enough, the air smelled carnivaly, like teriyaki chicken kabobs. So basically accomplished little in the two hours I was there. I love how these last two sections have relied heavily on graphing calculator methods when we're not allowed them on tests. Plus the book is just downright crappy. Prime example: "The graph of f can be misleading because of the possibility that a zero lies outside the viewing window. Instead, we can apply the following test, the proof of which is beyond the scope of this text." Ok, so no, I don't wish to know the proof, but that just doesn't seem right! Does it?
I'm still trying to figure out what to take next term.."Endangered Species, Society, and Sustainability" would be awesome but wouldn't work with field sampling. I wish the field trips were on weekends..that would make it so much more convenient. And I have to say it, I'm soo weary of these little filler requirements like HHS. I thought I was finally done with PE-ish classes, but no. One last chance for serious injury. I'd love to be able to take badminton in lieu of the general activity class.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home