Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, March 14, 2005

The math 111 saga is over!

Today I had my chemistry final in the morning, and that truly was an easy test. It was a nice relief to get it over with anyway. Then roommates and I went and obtained delicious pastries. Upon returning, I set about nervously studying for math. I'm really not a very productive studier. Sure, I study a lot. But that doesn't really mean much. I doubt myself. I was doubting that I could even get the 10% I needed to pass the class. Like, I knew it was incredibly unlikely that in two hours I would be unable to arrive at three correct answers. But there's always the "what if." I hate that. Anyway, I ended up with a headache. I think the lack of slumber and cornucopia of anxiety coagulated to produce it. Rather appropriate, really. That class was a major headache. The test was difficult as predicted and yet I'm pretty sure I ended up with either a high B or low A overall. Which means that S/Uing it wasn't necessary, and not even beneficial. It certainly didn't take any of the pressure off. But considering that a month ago I was not even going to continue with the class, I'm incredibly thankful that I stuck with it and have earned that credit. Woopdedoo.

So tomorrow is a rather uneventful day which is good, just memorizing food and culture notes. That's what has bugged me about this term. Too much memorization of random and useless facts. Whether or not I can recall what the most commonly used spices of Korea are is totally irrelevant! What's the point?! Ok, oh well. Spring break will be a breath of fresh air. I'll go from manure to orchard spray. Supposedly the blossoms are blooming back home in the valley, which is hardly surprising. Looks like we're in for a nice drought this summer.

Tonight is midnight breakfast. We're all staying up for the fresh fruit we've been deprived of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home