Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Quickie update:

I had my first chem lab this week..noneventful but annoying. There's about thirty confused intro. chem students and one TA. We're supposed to yell "I have chemical in my eye!" if we get chemical in our eye.

Today Kelley and I went to the research forest for a hike! We hiked four miles and almost got lost, but were saved by a rain-damp map. We saw three newts and a large fluffy owl. It's a really gorgeous area to hike in - old growth, an abundance of ferns, moss, and wildflowers. Pretty darn cool, and only ten minutes from campus.

Tonight I was totally productive and wrote my community event paper on the "Take Back the Night" which I went to on Wednesday. It was basically a march through the rain-trodden streets shouting things like "What do we want? Safe streets! When do we want it? Now!" and "Women unite..take back the night" and "two, four, six, eight, no more date rape!" No, seriously. It's like all feminists and other concerned people. Women's studies is certainly an interesting class..

On Sunday I am going to the aquarium with the FW club, and I invited Matt too...we're going to hopefully get to feed some sharks and stroke the octopus. He's going to lend me some of Radiohead's newer music.
I finally purchased Elephant and White Blood Cells by the White Stripes on Ebay, and am awaiting their arrival.

Movie butter popcorn! What exactly is "imitation butter flavor" anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home