Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Today was the first day to attempt data collection at the refuge! And it was the perfect weather for bullfrog fishing. The first truly warm, clear day in a way long time. Our group ended up lost for about fifteen minutes, which was entertaining. We were in a van on a gravel road. Anyway, one of the professors ended up demonstrating technique and catching the bigger of the two we ended up collecting in like two hours. I so would have had a bucketful of bullfrogs if I was just allowed to net them! They were all over. Also an abundance of poliwogs. The frog that I was closest to capturing via fishing pole didn't go for the artificial bait. Perhaps it was too pink and too fluffy. We're going to forget about the whole "start time, stop time" idea - I so knew that was totally not going to be practical once we actually started the project. This would involve noting the time of cast and timing until a catch was made. But in most cases a cast doesn't even result in a catch. And when it does one is probably too distracted in the process of reeling in a large frog to note the time.

I have my first midterm on friday in chemistry, but it shouldn't be too bad. I just need to keep studying. And Jasmine informed me that this next lab is with a partner, which will make it a whole lot easier. And my HHS class was cancelled for Thursday..yay for that. Friday is Panda Express with roommates and then a movie fest with Matt. Coolness.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Merrie! Who is this Matt you speak of? Hmm? HMMM!?

    I miss you.

    -Jodie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home