Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, November 10, 2008

No creative title

It's been a fairly lackluster weekend...well, Jessa, Lora, and I did go to a friend's house for dinner both Saturday and Sunday nights, but nothing too noteworthy occurred. Saturday we went to Paisley to Cindy's house (which is gorgeously decorated and furnished with lots of wood furniture and photographs of western landscapes and church interiors) where we met one of her friends, son, and daughter. Many tales of the kids growing up were shared, which were hilarious if not embarrassing for them. I drove myself as I wanted to come home that night, so I left before they went to the bar - someday I will have to see it though, it sounds...interesting.

Last night we went to Bly to see Lora's love interest and have dinner. He has a wolf/malamute hybrid and she is awesome - very unusual coloring - blue merle with some tan. Jessa brought the Namesake, which she had rented, and his three friends watched it with us despite fears of it being a chick flick. Yeah, not really. Good though. I would recommend it to friends.

Very much looking forward to Thanksgiving - mum and Tim are (tentatively) coming down here for a couple nights. We shall host the dinner for all the lost children who cannot go home (i.e. the fire guys and whoever else we invite). We can probably use the kitchen in the house next door too since the dude will probably not stay here.

I am going to apply for a job in Wyoming which starts early January assisting with a graduate student on wolf/elk interactions. Less pay but free housing and field transportation so it'd be worth it. Plus probably freaking amazing. And it works for coming back here next season as it's only a three-month position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home