Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

A big fat furry gray squirrel came within inches of being ground into the road by my tires today. And on a residential road too! Not another car in sight. Must have been one of those squirrels hired by a car insurance company. Or just plain oblivious
I started government today. I don't think I'm going to like it any better than econ. In French we're starting Mardi Gras, which can be considered hellish or rather fun. Last year I was forced to perform in a play, which is already outside my level of normalcy, and then, predictably enough, it was in French. Hopefully this year I can get as few lines as possible.

Our Ashland trip is gonna cost another $225 more...and I am hoping that I won't have to do the swim meet timings. First off, I was traumatized as a young child with swimming lessons I never wanted to take, so I now associate the chlorine smell with evil. Second, I don't want the responsibility.

So yesterday Alex and I talked, first about fondue, and then about rodents. Seems like a logical enough transition. Then I followed his advice and watched my big fat obnoxious fiance on Fox. What will they come up with next? I almost started feeling sorry for Randi. Not quite.
I can credit my dad (the movie guy) with letting me see R rated movies in elementary school. I grew up watching obscure horror and sci-fi movies, everything from John Carpenter's The Thing to Fritz Lang's Metropolis (the version with the 80s music of course). I love how I still remember random pieces from some of those movies..and I still have to ask my dad "now what was this scene from?" and he always remembers. He's really into that sort of thing.

I don't know what's up with my repeated blog about s'mores. I published the first one and then decided that it just needed that bold type title, so then I changed it. But of course, for some reason, the first one is still showing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home