Here are a couple of gems from the TV:
"I don't know which one's more dangerous - driving with a nine year old kid with a mullet or the wild animals."
-Jeff Corwin, The Jeff Corwin Experience
"We're fighting on horses with swords. It's like we sent our marines into the Bible."
-Said by someone, I can't remember their name, from VH1's Best Week Ever
Today I got up early to go shooting with Scott (Tim's brother). So since I plan on going elk hunting sometime in February, I figured I definitely needed a little practice because I've seriously had none for a year. He is letting me use a .30-06 with a nice scope on it. We went up on the east hills and set up the target (pie plates with a crosshairs on them stapled to a board) and then I had to get comfortable in basic operations and such. I had a heck of a time finding the right distance for me to get a clear, full view of the targets while avoiding kickback. However, after one practice shot by Scott and one by me just firing into the rocks it went smoothly. I hit the upper half of the bottom pie plate's target seven times (no misses) at approx. 70 yards and two of my shots basically made one large hole because they were so close. So now some of my confidence has been restored!
Yesterday I ordered Phantom Planet's second CD, The Guest, over the internet =) And they were awesome on Letterman! They sound great live!
Other than that, I have practically done nothing since Thursday, besides devouring half a large bag of peanut M&Ms and commenting on how gosh darn boring it has been lately. Oh yeah, and now I'm going to watch a bit of Speed, because that movie is addicting and I watch it whenever it's on, even though it's not very good.
"I don't know which one's more dangerous - driving with a nine year old kid with a mullet or the wild animals."
-Jeff Corwin, The Jeff Corwin Experience
"We're fighting on horses with swords. It's like we sent our marines into the Bible."
-Said by someone, I can't remember their name, from VH1's Best Week Ever
Today I got up early to go shooting with Scott (Tim's brother). So since I plan on going elk hunting sometime in February, I figured I definitely needed a little practice because I've seriously had none for a year. He is letting me use a .30-06 with a nice scope on it. We went up on the east hills and set up the target (pie plates with a crosshairs on them stapled to a board) and then I had to get comfortable in basic operations and such. I had a heck of a time finding the right distance for me to get a clear, full view of the targets while avoiding kickback. However, after one practice shot by Scott and one by me just firing into the rocks it went smoothly. I hit the upper half of the bottom pie plate's target seven times (no misses) at approx. 70 yards and two of my shots basically made one large hole because they were so close. So now some of my confidence has been restored!
Yesterday I ordered Phantom Planet's second CD, The Guest, over the internet =) And they were awesome on Letterman! They sound great live!
Other than that, I have practically done nothing since Thursday, besides devouring half a large bag of peanut M&Ms and commenting on how gosh darn boring it has been lately. Oh yeah, and now I'm going to watch a bit of Speed, because that movie is addicting and I watch it whenever it's on, even though it's not very good.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home