Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Wow! Today has been a whirlwind of activity!
I got up at 8 and mom took me to Andrea's to go to Portland and Music Millenium to see Phantom Planet!! Samantha and Ellen went with us too, and Gena went with Jodie and Corie. First of all, I'd never been to Music Millenium, and it was so cool. Smells like Artifacts. Thousands of CDs, many of them obscure and hard to find, used CDs, DVDs, music and movie posters, and lots and lots of random fun stuff! I bought the new Phantom Planet CD and we had to wait around a lot before they played. We all thought that Jodie was going to get the interview at 12:30, but the band got there late. So we had to wait. They were so amazing! Even though it was really crowded it was a lot of fun..very loud, good music! Plus, they're all cute. I took a ton of photos, many are a bit blurry but some turned out pretty nice. I took a video clip of them performing "California," which is the theme song of an allegedly good TV show called The O.C. It turned out pretty good considering the movie feature of my camera isn't that great!

After they played, they were setting up in a corner at the back of the store to sign CDs. So there was another long wait and a long line! But it went surprisingly fast once the line actually started moving. When I got there it was so weird, I was kind of nervous for no reason, didn't really know what to say..but Samantha said simply "you guys were awesome up there," so I just kind of nodded and I told Jacques how to spell my name correctly. So they all signed my CD insert! Very cool. Plus Jodie and Andrea got their interview! And Samantha took some good photos of them talking to the band. I also bought Badly Drawn Boy's soundtrack to About A Boy! Couldn't believe they had it.

We got back to HR and went to Pietro's..and Jodie and Gena were still an hour away cause they had stopped at an Old Navy! So dad and Margy and Nathaniel showed up before them, and by that time the pizzas had arrived. So it was kind of crazy for awhile! But we all managed to eat some pizza. Thank you Jodie and Gena for the adorable knit hat from Old Navy, and the nifty little lantern. I remember Becky got one once from her friends and I was always envious of her getting such cute things like that..so it's hanging in my room now! Thank you Hannah if you ever read this for the beautiful necklace and endearing card =) Even if you didn't remember the "la" in "Coeur de la MER."

After Pietro's, we all went to the student directed plays! I went with Jodie, Robyn, and Andrea, and Gena went with Hannah..Samantha was great! All the plays were wonderful, some a bit strange and off the wall, but overall very enjoyable, especially the one with Kent! I can't believe he went and hugged Hannah during the performance! She was quite surprised but I think she handled it pretty well. Gena had a good time dancing during the intermission and after the plays were over. "Pure joy."

So I just listened to the CD and I've liked everything I've heard. And I only learned who they were yesterday in art. I'm glad I rescheduled my party around this event! And I'm looking forward to going to Seattle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home