What a day. Nothing really happened in school, except I did (almost) finish my eye of the salamander mixed media thing in art. It snowed some overnight so I got dropped off at school. Turns out it warmed up a lot though so I probably could have driven.
As I was coming back from a walk with Bosun after school, I heard my mom yell at me to get home. Well I know I can never expect a holler unless it has something to do with animals/trapping. So it turns out that Tim had just checked his bobcat cage trap in Parkdale and he had one! So he came back to get me so I could see it and take a few photos. He dropped me off above the trap and gave me some time to take some photos. I had to hunker down in a ditch so as not to be seen by passing cars and cause suspicion (yes, he set a trap literally in a ditch). So after Tim had circled around for a while he came back and shot it, then re-set the trap. The bobcat weighed about 14 pounds and was red/orange on the back with a wide spotted belly.
Then we went to check another cage trap that had been set specifically to catch a nuisance bobcat. As we approached the cage I was shining my flashlight and sure enough, I saw two bright red orbs floating around in the cage. Another bobcat. And this one was a big one, and gray with an incredibly striking spot pattern. This one probably weighed around 27 pounds. This is the type of bobcat the fur industry is seeking right now, large size, lots of spots, a good belly, and gray in color rather than brown or orange. So that was a fairly exciting evening! This is the third "bobcat double" Tim has had since I've known him. Whenever a cold weather front is moving in, the bobcats start moving, and Tim anticipates these weather patterns and sets traps accordingly. So usually one or two days after these fronts come in we catch bobcats! I just posted some photos of the 'cats on my album.
After the bobcats I went to an FFA meeting. I think I want to go to state convention because it's at the OSU campus and I'd probably learn a lot about the college of agriculture there. Well, that's about it..
Samantha in math class: "I cannot get my left and right right." Said while conducting some experimental probability trials.
As I was coming back from a walk with Bosun after school, I heard my mom yell at me to get home. Well I know I can never expect a holler unless it has something to do with animals/trapping. So it turns out that Tim had just checked his bobcat cage trap in Parkdale and he had one! So he came back to get me so I could see it and take a few photos. He dropped me off above the trap and gave me some time to take some photos. I had to hunker down in a ditch so as not to be seen by passing cars and cause suspicion (yes, he set a trap literally in a ditch). So after Tim had circled around for a while he came back and shot it, then re-set the trap. The bobcat weighed about 14 pounds and was red/orange on the back with a wide spotted belly.
Then we went to check another cage trap that had been set specifically to catch a nuisance bobcat. As we approached the cage I was shining my flashlight and sure enough, I saw two bright red orbs floating around in the cage. Another bobcat. And this one was a big one, and gray with an incredibly striking spot pattern. This one probably weighed around 27 pounds. This is the type of bobcat the fur industry is seeking right now, large size, lots of spots, a good belly, and gray in color rather than brown or orange. So that was a fairly exciting evening! This is the third "bobcat double" Tim has had since I've known him. Whenever a cold weather front is moving in, the bobcats start moving, and Tim anticipates these weather patterns and sets traps accordingly. So usually one or two days after these fronts come in we catch bobcats! I just posted some photos of the 'cats on my album.
After the bobcats I went to an FFA meeting. I think I want to go to state convention because it's at the OSU campus and I'd probably learn a lot about the college of agriculture there. Well, that's about it..
Samantha in math class: "I cannot get my left and right right." Said while conducting some experimental probability trials.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home