Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Can't believe it's nearly April, and the end of this third quarter is Friday!
Today was a rather productive day, as I finished my local scholarships (well, all 7 of them). Still it took me quite a while to do those few.
In other school-related news, the fruit fly counting is going well. Today it was discovered that placing still anaesthetized flies on a paper towel, folding it, and running a paint brush handle swiftly over the folded towel is a very efficient execution method. Sadly enough, once the counting is done we discard the flies like yesterday's news. As far as our wild type sepia cross, we're getting somewhere in between a 3:1 and 4:1 ratio, which isn't bad.

House progress: we can now tell where exactly all the rooms are. I'm claiming the bedroom with the big window, 'cause it has the most perfect view of the mountain and a commanding view of basically the whole upper valley.

Tomorrow I think I have to give my biology lecture. Oh joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home