Geez. I've been lazy in updating! That's no good, so I'll try to make up for it right here, right now.
Chronologically, first things first:
On Friday mom and I went to Portland. I drove. First to a thrift store, where I'm usually able to find really nice jeans that normally cost upwards of $30 for less than $5. This time however, no luck! After the disappointment of not buying anything, we found a Petco where I picked up some doggie toothpaste and treats for Bosun. He's so spoiled. Then we headed to Forest Grove and found Pacific University. It's really a beautiful campus. Got a tour..nice sports/fitness facilities, auditorium, and computer labs, great dining area too. But even after seeing the campus I just kept looking at the course descriptions for environmental biology. It's a whole lot of general stuff..lots of chemistry too. I just don't think it'd be the right place to go for what I want to do. So I've pretty much decided on OSU.
After, we started heading home but spent way too long looking for a Dairy Queen. We finally went to the one on Division. I love their chicken strip baskets. They're quite possibly the unhealthiest food choice on the planet. But I also had to get a peanut buster parfait which I wasn't even able to finish. Driving home, it was pouring down rain, plus with it being dark it wasn't particularly fun. But we made it home. Then we had to go feed the alpacas and bring them in for the night.
So yesterday was the historic claw/manifesto meeting. There were several elements out of our control that attempted to hinder our progress; however I see it as a successful step in the making of the manifesto. First off, there were the usual 'gulls circling above Rosauers. When we got to the bakery, Alex asked if they had any bear claws. The woman working there stated that no, they didn't have any bear claws. But they may be special ordered (like that could help us now). So we were directed to the packaged bear claws with an impressive shelf life. Decided to just get them. Then we drove to Panorama point, where it proceeded to rain as we ate the bear claws, browsed through the bear and cougar attack books I had brought, and compared the real bear claws to the baked variety. So we headed to the library to work on the manifesto. It went well. Two hours, four quarters, and three and one third pages later, we had a rough draft that exceeded even our own expectations.
After the intense work of writing, we drove around undecided on what to do next. Ended up going to toll bridge park, but the gate was closed so we had to park across the street in a turn around. Ate the last bear claws and took a walk, then it was time for photos with our work in progress in front of the "sorry, we're closed sign" on the gate. It began to rain again, and with that, the first manifesto meeting came to an end.
Scott and Linda came over to visit yesterday evening. Scott managed to extract the ivory teeth from the elk skull I found. Good thing too, because I know I would have broken the roots. Then I had to go feed alpacas and foot plumage-clad chickens.
Chronologically, first things first:
On Friday mom and I went to Portland. I drove. First to a thrift store, where I'm usually able to find really nice jeans that normally cost upwards of $30 for less than $5. This time however, no luck! After the disappointment of not buying anything, we found a Petco where I picked up some doggie toothpaste and treats for Bosun. He's so spoiled. Then we headed to Forest Grove and found Pacific University. It's really a beautiful campus. Got a tour..nice sports/fitness facilities, auditorium, and computer labs, great dining area too. But even after seeing the campus I just kept looking at the course descriptions for environmental biology. It's a whole lot of general stuff..lots of chemistry too. I just don't think it'd be the right place to go for what I want to do. So I've pretty much decided on OSU.
After, we started heading home but spent way too long looking for a Dairy Queen. We finally went to the one on Division. I love their chicken strip baskets. They're quite possibly the unhealthiest food choice on the planet. But I also had to get a peanut buster parfait which I wasn't even able to finish. Driving home, it was pouring down rain, plus with it being dark it wasn't particularly fun. But we made it home. Then we had to go feed the alpacas and bring them in for the night.
So yesterday was the historic claw/manifesto meeting. There were several elements out of our control that attempted to hinder our progress; however I see it as a successful step in the making of the manifesto. First off, there were the usual 'gulls circling above Rosauers. When we got to the bakery, Alex asked if they had any bear claws. The woman working there stated that no, they didn't have any bear claws. But they may be special ordered (like that could help us now). So we were directed to the packaged bear claws with an impressive shelf life. Decided to just get them. Then we drove to Panorama point, where it proceeded to rain as we ate the bear claws, browsed through the bear and cougar attack books I had brought, and compared the real bear claws to the baked variety. So we headed to the library to work on the manifesto. It went well. Two hours, four quarters, and three and one third pages later, we had a rough draft that exceeded even our own expectations.
After the intense work of writing, we drove around undecided on what to do next. Ended up going to toll bridge park, but the gate was closed so we had to park across the street in a turn around. Ate the last bear claws and took a walk, then it was time for photos with our work in progress in front of the "sorry, we're closed sign" on the gate. It began to rain again, and with that, the first manifesto meeting came to an end.
Scott and Linda came over to visit yesterday evening. Scott managed to extract the ivory teeth from the elk skull I found. Good thing too, because I know I would have broken the roots. Then I had to go feed alpacas and foot plumage-clad chickens.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home