Oh man. I didn't check back on the CD I bid on soon enough and I lost it! It went for $1.50..and it may be another few months before I find one again. ARG! Should've bid a higher maximum.
Today was a shopping/varmint control day. Mom and I went to TD and JC Penney, Fred Meyer, K Mart, and Maurices. I found a pair of boot cut jeans and a "parrot green" scoop neck top at Penney's. At Maurices I purchased exceptionally bright pink pj pants w/ white hibiscus flower print (I feel like a tropical "my little pony") and mostly white matching top. I also got a gray and pink/black/white stripes sweater that was drastically reduced in price. I generally despise shopping but sometimes..it's just nice to buy a few new things. Plus I was in need of new pjs as the state convention and Disneyland trips are coming up and I really wanted something that was a notch above the ol' flannel plaid things.
We picked up a skunk in Dport and I got to meet Boomer the basset hound. Then it was off to Lyle and a mouse job. When we parked we heard someone whistling and in the yard above the street all I could see was this girl's face peering down at us over some bushes, then heard a "hello." I don't think she saw me but she was talking to mom when she got out of the truck (I stayed inside), and rambled off on climbing trees, claiming that she could climb this tree in the yard in 30 seconds. It was rather amusing. Mom made for the house across the street at which traps have been set for mice, and the girl said "I'll probably be here when you come back, hanging like a monkey from a branch."
After Lyle we stopped by Samantha's and I picked up some possible shirts for Mardi Gras in the red/white/blue theme. I think one of them will work. Tomorrow is the dress rehearsal.
Tonight while Tim was talking to a taxidermist on the phone, the subject turned to shrew-moles, and recalling the possibility of one's existence in our freezer, I started rummaging. Sure enough I had tucked a dead shrew-mole I found in the yard inside a sandwich bag in the kitchen freezer a few months ago. Its tiny and pathetic fangs were still bared in death. I think I'd like to have a permanently freeze-dried shrew-mole to sit atop my desk. It might also make a cute, if not morbid, locker accessory.
Today was a shopping/varmint control day. Mom and I went to TD and JC Penney, Fred Meyer, K Mart, and Maurices. I found a pair of boot cut jeans and a "parrot green" scoop neck top at Penney's. At Maurices I purchased exceptionally bright pink pj pants w/ white hibiscus flower print (I feel like a tropical "my little pony") and mostly white matching top. I also got a gray and pink/black/white stripes sweater that was drastically reduced in price. I generally despise shopping but sometimes..it's just nice to buy a few new things. Plus I was in need of new pjs as the state convention and Disneyland trips are coming up and I really wanted something that was a notch above the ol' flannel plaid things.
We picked up a skunk in Dport and I got to meet Boomer the basset hound. Then it was off to Lyle and a mouse job. When we parked we heard someone whistling and in the yard above the street all I could see was this girl's face peering down at us over some bushes, then heard a "hello." I don't think she saw me but she was talking to mom when she got out of the truck (I stayed inside), and rambled off on climbing trees, claiming that she could climb this tree in the yard in 30 seconds. It was rather amusing. Mom made for the house across the street at which traps have been set for mice, and the girl said "I'll probably be here when you come back, hanging like a monkey from a branch."
After Lyle we stopped by Samantha's and I picked up some possible shirts for Mardi Gras in the red/white/blue theme. I think one of them will work. Tomorrow is the dress rehearsal.
Tonight while Tim was talking to a taxidermist on the phone, the subject turned to shrew-moles, and recalling the possibility of one's existence in our freezer, I started rummaging. Sure enough I had tucked a dead shrew-mole I found in the yard inside a sandwich bag in the kitchen freezer a few months ago. Its tiny and pathetic fangs were still bared in death. I think I'd like to have a permanently freeze-dried shrew-mole to sit atop my desk. It might also make a cute, if not morbid, locker accessory.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home