Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I haven't done anything fun or exciting today. It was nice out however and I did take Bo on a walk after school. He got stuck canal-level (he wanted a drink and couldn't find a basset-accessible location to get back up to the trail). Let me just say that humans have done dogs a great disservice by encouraging neurotic and ridiculous traits. I mean, a fifty five pound dog on half-foot legs just doesn't work. Saw two pairs of mallards out for an evening stroll (and by stroll I mean leisurely swim). The older Lee girl was up there with a monstrosity of a black and white llama on a harness, marvelling at a dam of logs in the ditch.

Well the math test is over with. Don't think I did too poorly on it. I got my essay back in English..a B. Apparently my conclusion was different than what I set out with in my thesis. Oops. Formulaic thesis-containing essays are such a sham! At lunch, I was once again bombarded with a 'gull circling over the fish bowl. I wish they would just give up already. It's not convincing.

Read excerpts from Ulysses and found where Becky's quote came from. Well I have decided to counter that with one I found particularly meaningful: "He turned his angry white moustache."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home