Well well well. Today was actually not so mundane and boring as recent days. In biology we discovered lots of little fruit flies waiting to be evaluated and counted out. Sherry and I completed the wild X ebony F2 cross vials, as well as the YWM X wild vials. The moment of truth came when our first vial-full of YWM/wild were anaesthetized. Time after time, YWM male and wild type female. Moment of joy in our realization that we managed to avoid messing that up. So now all we have to do is get our sepia X wild F2 crosses started, and we have plenty of them so it's just a matter of making sure they are what they should be and counting.
Tonight I went over to Gena's for a Mardi Gras fight scene practice. Well I was the first to arrive and Gena was out getting highlights and then meeting some people at the former movie house video (no clue as to what it's called now, the name is changed every 6 months or so). So I talked to her mom, threw a tennis ball for the pup, and watched a bit of Friends. Then Gena got back with Coralie and Malia, and after a while Andrea, Bob, Hannah, and Pepe arrived. So we all were looking forward to Home Alone, scheduled to be on at 8:00 and Gena and Malia and I went on a donut hole/shortbread cookie buying spree at Rosauers. We cleared our guilty consciences by singing the group song on the way there and then during commercials. Everyone took a sip from the communal, exceptionally generic "diet root beer sparkling beverage" It was pretty gross, like a club soda/root beer hybrid watered down with a grapey aftertaste. Sparkling beverage? Sparkling cough syrup is more like it. Anyway, it was amusing and so much cooler than doing anything constructive.
Tonight I went over to Gena's for a Mardi Gras fight scene practice. Well I was the first to arrive and Gena was out getting highlights and then meeting some people at the former movie house video (no clue as to what it's called now, the name is changed every 6 months or so). So I talked to her mom, threw a tennis ball for the pup, and watched a bit of Friends. Then Gena got back with Coralie and Malia, and after a while Andrea, Bob, Hannah, and Pepe arrived. So we all were looking forward to Home Alone, scheduled to be on at 8:00 and Gena and Malia and I went on a donut hole/shortbread cookie buying spree at Rosauers. We cleared our guilty consciences by singing the group song on the way there and then during commercials. Everyone took a sip from the communal, exceptionally generic "diet root beer sparkling beverage" It was pretty gross, like a club soda/root beer hybrid watered down with a grapey aftertaste. Sparkling beverage? Sparkling cough syrup is more like it. Anyway, it was amusing and so much cooler than doing anything constructive.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home