Busy day today!
At 12:30 I went down to the Gorge Club for the Mardi Gras practice. Almost everyone was there and we discussed costumes and then ran through it. Well, more like slowly sauntered through it. We still had to figure out exactly where people entered in a lot of the scenes and such. We took a McDonalds break (french fries and banana split dippin' dots..yum!) after episode 2. After we went through what to do at the end and practiced the song (it's still a bit shaky) we took another short break and started from the top. I had to leave at a quarter 'till 6 to go to the FFA skit practice at the high school. I think I know all my lines for that too. Luckily we were done practicing for that in an hour, as I was starting to get hungry again.
So this evening I just went through "The Dead" and "Araby" collecting quotes and trying to come up with an insightful thesis for the essay. I hate essays! It's like, I have a thesis and some nifty little parallels to point out, I know I could come up with a good end line, but now...the filling in between is what I'm not so good at, and it's what needs to be worked on most. I looked at some of Finnegans Wake and was like, "screw that." Just by reading the first paragraph from the excerpt, I could totally tell that I wouldn't get anything out of reading it. Sure that's a rather pessimistic view, but I know it to be true. It's basically unintelligible conglomerates of letters. Or maybe it's supposed to be too genius for us common folk to even begin appreciating.
At 12:30 I went down to the Gorge Club for the Mardi Gras practice. Almost everyone was there and we discussed costumes and then ran through it. Well, more like slowly sauntered through it. We still had to figure out exactly where people entered in a lot of the scenes and such. We took a McDonalds break (french fries and banana split dippin' dots..yum!) after episode 2. After we went through what to do at the end and practiced the song (it's still a bit shaky) we took another short break and started from the top. I had to leave at a quarter 'till 6 to go to the FFA skit practice at the high school. I think I know all my lines for that too. Luckily we were done practicing for that in an hour, as I was starting to get hungry again.
So this evening I just went through "The Dead" and "Araby" collecting quotes and trying to come up with an insightful thesis for the essay. I hate essays! It's like, I have a thesis and some nifty little parallels to point out, I know I could come up with a good end line, but now...the filling in between is what I'm not so good at, and it's what needs to be worked on most. I looked at some of Finnegans Wake and was like, "screw that." Just by reading the first paragraph from the excerpt, I could totally tell that I wouldn't get anything out of reading it. Sure that's a rather pessimistic view, but I know it to be true. It's basically unintelligible conglomerates of letters. Or maybe it's supposed to be too genius for us common folk to even begin appreciating.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home