Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, April 30, 2004

It's been a while. I would have written something yesterday but couldn't see how it was possible to type anything I wanted to say. Although I felt prepared for what was going to happen, hearing the reality came as a depressing shock.
I talked with Becky today, after probably over a month of no phone communications. I sure wish I'd sent an Easter greeting..and it wouldn't be made out of a box of See's candies. That's just tacky. No bunnies painting easter eggs here..
School today was not so fun. After writing an in-class essay in prep. for the AP English exam next week, I considered what I wrote to be a pretty decent analysis. So after talking to a few people about it and re-reading, I came to the conclusion that my whole essay was based on a misinterpretation of the passage. Ended up going to talk with the teacher after school..I don't think I'm going to get a very good score on this thing.
It was difficult at best to get through math because I wasn't there last class (I'll talk about why later). Luckily I don't have to take that test next week, so I'll probably be putting off math this weekend.
So wednesday was senior skip day. The "popular" crowd went to Kahneeta to obtain burns/tans for prom. I went to English, wrote an essay I thought was decent but turned out to be shitty upon reading the remarks on it today, and then went to Sam's for sugar cookie making/baking/decorating and it was fun. We watched "the best of Will Ferrell" SNL DVD, hilarious stuff. Like the celebrity Jeopardy, excessive use of cowbell in the blue oyster cult recording session, and the hot tub one in which Jimmy Fallon totally loses it and everyone ends up laughing noticeably. Good stuff. The cookies were delicious, and even the heavy concentration of various food colorings in the icing, making a purplish yellowish goo, didn't inhibit us from creating masterpieces. Well, everyone else created masterpieces. The bunny I frosted was just kind of ugly.
Yesterday was the French test, I think I got a good score on it, and then in biology nothing much happened, just general review. I have a lot of icky stuff this weekend..homework and test prep. And it figures that the weather is gorgeous, it's still 75 at 7:30.

Be thankful that you're not a whale with triangular eyebrows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home