Congrats to Jodie for getting your braces off!
Nothing happened today. I tried my best to gently decapitate more drosophila larvae and still couldn't manage to work out the chromosome-viewing. The art and decor was still up today from eve of excel. Kinda cool, I think everyone needed to see that fairy-tale-esque flouncy ribbon stuff and sign.
Have you ever wondered what the heck "a quiescently frozen treat" means? Quiescent means dormant or inactive as I've just discovered. So I'm guessing quiescently is just there on the fudge bar package to emphasize "frozen."
At lunch some freshman near where I was sitting was attacking a classmate with an overflowing spoonful of tater salad or some other yellowish gel-like food, and this catapult of stuff was terribly misaimed and ended up splattering all over the floor. About a minute later he told me something to the effect of "sorry about that, it was unintentional." So did he assume that this would in fact permanently adhere to his classmate and never end up soiling the floor? We may never know. But it annoys me slightly when people do something totally intentional and then apologize for it. Why can't they just not do it in the first place?
I think the world needs more resolute people.
Nothing happened today. I tried my best to gently decapitate more drosophila larvae and still couldn't manage to work out the chromosome-viewing. The art and decor was still up today from eve of excel. Kinda cool, I think everyone needed to see that fairy-tale-esque flouncy ribbon stuff and sign.
Have you ever wondered what the heck "a quiescently frozen treat" means? Quiescent means dormant or inactive as I've just discovered. So I'm guessing quiescently is just there on the fudge bar package to emphasize "frozen."
At lunch some freshman near where I was sitting was attacking a classmate with an overflowing spoonful of tater salad or some other yellowish gel-like food, and this catapult of stuff was terribly misaimed and ended up splattering all over the floor. About a minute later he told me something to the effect of "sorry about that, it was unintentional." So did he assume that this would in fact permanently adhere to his classmate and never end up soiling the floor? We may never know. But it annoys me slightly when people do something totally intentional and then apologize for it. Why can't they just not do it in the first place?
I think the world needs more resolute people.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home