Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Nothing happened today except around 5 I decided to hike. I didn't get back 'till 9:30. That sounds impressive. But I think it was around 7 miles or so. I saw a frog, as evidenced below, and a gorgeous blacktail buck with new antlers beginning to grow, and even a vole. I don't think I've ever seen a vole out in the wild (i.e. not in a cat's mouth). Voles are basically field mice. The one I saw scuttled into its tiny lair in the ground. It was so adorable. I hiked pretty close to pine mont I think, and up in this logged clearing where I saw the deer. I found a bunch of garbage that someone had dumped beneath the road. Well, Gabe found it. Who dumps bags of frozen mixed vegetables and margarine tubs in the woods? I was baffled and horrified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home