Arose from slumber at 7:30 this morn for my first day of work back at the veterinary clinic. It's kinda weird being back since I haven't worked there since the summer before my junior year, but I think I can "learn the ropes" again pretty quickly. This morning's primary patients: Five pug puppies. Four weeks old. They are so ridiculous looking, even at that age. I got to hold them while their nails were being trimmed. So I'm only working there about three hours a day. After, I headed to my dogsitting job and stayed there 'till about 8 this evening. That's certainly a good job as well, if only it were consistent..random phone call received there: "Hello. Do you know the zip code for Parkdale? (Pause as I am thinking what the hell!?) Is it the same as Hood River's?" No offer of a name or explanation. Some guy must've grabbed a phone book and just called the first Parkdale looking number.
Excellent home stereo system over there, definitely beats out what I encountered at my former English teacher's place (one John Denver CD atop a built-in and unworkable CD player; torturous)
Tim received a call that we may have got the cougar, so the militia (he and mom) and media (I) was rallied. We stalked over and crept ever so carefully through the wilds of a backyard. False alarm.
Excellent home stereo system over there, definitely beats out what I encountered at my former English teacher's place (one John Denver CD atop a built-in and unworkable CD player; torturous)
Tim received a call that we may have got the cougar, so the militia (he and mom) and media (I) was rallied. We stalked over and crept ever so carefully through the wilds of a backyard. False alarm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home