Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Today was my last day of high school.

There were some memorable moments..most of the time in class today was spent either studying or taking the biology final. Seriously, no one should have a final for their very last class on their last day of school. Nothing going on in government, so we just talked. I flipped through my little study notecards, and then Sam and I went to the math room to see what we got on our tests. I got a 49 out of 50, I couldn't believe it. Last test score the best of the whole year. But then again I think the material was a lot more straight-forward than the stuff from recent chapters. In French we had the quiche party and a few presentations. Got an eiffel tower pencil sharpener, a Mardi Gras pencil, bookmark, and nifty pin with a sparkly. Difficult to leave that class. Then the bio. final, four questiions pick three. I wrote two pages. Chick lab back, 248 out of 300, I totally forgot the summary. And then I cleaned my locker and that was that.

Aw man, I saw Mrs. Rowan's class out in the courtyard today, I think they may have been doing the insect poem readings...I still remember that so vividly from freshman year, Luke and I had the cricket song. Good times.

Tomorrow is grad. prac. at 8:30 to 11, then I have to go to an NHS meeting (of all things!), and then at 3 I'll head to PD elem. for Ms. Parrott's retirement thing.

Another blog, another glimpse into random facts o' my life:

-Birth date: January 14, 1986
-Height: 5' 4"
-Eye color: olive/brown
-Hair color: brown
-What does your name mean: cheerful
-High school graduation year: 2004
-Favorite relatives: Becky
-Summer memory: Going to Glacier National Park, seeing a grizzly bear, black bears, moose, and a mountain goat drinking out of a puddle in a parking lot near "going to the sun" road.
-Favorite TV shows: Oprah, Daria, Degrassi, Wild Discovery, Be The Creature
-What's on your mousepad: support.dell.com, Dell logo
-In the car- ac or windows: Windows
-Do you believe in yourself: I know that I exist.
-Favorite game: I don’t really have a favorite game..
-Favorite drink: Alpenrose chocolate milk, sparkling cider and juice, green river soda
-Favorite food: Taco pizza, Crazy Pepper chicken fajita burritos, garden burgers, mom’s lasagna, just about everything
-Favorite colors: blue, green
-Favorite cigarettes: and this is added so nonchalantly
-Favorite sounds: rain when it first starts hitting the ground, elk herds, pika beeping, red-winged blackbird call
-Favorite smell: citrus, real vanilla
-Favorite thing to do on a weekend: hiking, nothing, or trapping
-Favorite soundtrack: The Last Unicorn by America, About A Boy by Badly Drawn Boy
-Where do you see yourself in 10 years: working
-First thought in the morning: generically enough, “I wonder what time it is?”
-Do you get motion sickness: Nope.
-Rollercoasters: Honestly never even been on one.
-How many rings before you answer the phone: Does anyone really think that they’re so gosh darn cool that they need to wait for the phone to ring a few times before they answer? Our phone only rings four times, so hopefully between one and four if it’s not a telemarketer.
-Are you a good friend: I’ve never taken the time to poll my friends
-Chocolate or Vanilla cake: vanilla
-What do you drive: 1993 Jeep Cherokee
-Do you sleep with a stuffed animal: I have a bunch hanging out in a net above my bed.
-Thunderstorms cool or scary: Both, depending on how close the lightning strikes are.
-If you could meet one person in the world, who would it be: I think I’d rather meet an animal, say, an albatross? Or a duck billed platypus, or a thylacine.
-What is your zodiac sign: Capricorn
-What do you wear to bed: t shirt and fleece pajama pants
-Do you eat stems of broccoli: Yeah, one can’t go around eating only the clover, gotta get those nutritious greens in there somehow
-Guys- If a girl ever asked you for the shirt on your back, would you give it to her?
-Girls- Would you ever ask for a guy's shirt? Sure, I’d ask and obtain the shirt. Then I’d ask a bunch of strangers to wear it so I could take pictures of them and send the pictures to the guy I took it from, and then when I got bored with the prospect, I’d leave the shirt in a cardboard box on his doorstep, ring the bell, and run like mad
-If you could have any occupation when you get older, what would it be: wildlife biologist
-If you could dye your hair one color, what would it be: I could dye my hair one color, but I’d rather not.
-If you could have a tattoo, what and where would it be: I don’t want a tattoo.
-Favorite brand of gum: Orbit, bubblemint
-What is your favorite quote: Currently, "At some point I realized how glad I was that I didn't have any big responsibilities (ie, a kid)." (from Becky's blog)
-Have you ever been in love: Yes. I love my friends and family. You don't have to have a boyfriend/girlfriend, wife/husband to be in love. That’s a bunch of bullshit. Jodie, I like the way you think.
-What's on your walls in your room: An open-mouth cinnamon colored black bear rug, three sets of German roe deer antlers on wood plaques (prepared European style; 1/4 of upper skull attached), an old French scarf with red deer on it, painting of Bongo antelope, photos of critters, an old fruit label
-Is the glass half-empty or half-full: Either
-Which kind of milk is your favorite: Chocolate, 1% regular
-If you were to kill someone, which method would you use? Jellyfish electrocution; if I hated them enough to kill them, I’d hate them enough to employ jellyfish
-Are you a righty, lefty, or ambidextrous: Right
-Do you type with your fingers on the right keys: Thank you computer apps, the majority of the time I do.
-When you meet a person of the opposite sex, you notice: Eyes, hair, whether or not they are involved in illegal or otherwise sketchy activities at the moment
-What's under your bed: Wildlife factfile folders, slippers, posterboard, etc.
-What's the best number in the World: I have no opinion on this one.
-What is your dream car: I’m really not picky when it comes to cars, but I do like the ‘56 Chevy Bel Air
-Who is your biggest crush right now?: This is the world wide webaverse folks. Not telling.
-Nickname: Mer, Coeur de la Mer, Merrers
-School: Currently none-
Bacon Bits Or croutons: Is that even real bacon? How does one preserve bacon bits? I prefer croutons if anything at all.
-Favorite Salad Dressing: Italian, or just rice vinegar
-Do you drink: Most people do, in fact if one is stranded in the woods it is possible to survive for a couple weeks on water alone. See birth date, if need be.
-What type of Shampoo/Conditioner: Pert Plus
-Have you ever been skinny dipping: No, but then, I don’t even swim in the first place.
-Do you make fun of people: I do, and my only excuse is, “who doesn’t?”
-Have you ever been convicted of a crime: No
-One pillow or two: One
-Pets: Gabe and Bosun the dogs. Tub, Amoeba, and Pency the cats, plus a neurotic cocker spaniel by the name of Snooks.
-Favorite Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Last Unicorn, Metropolis, Bambi, all docudramas, and horror movies: those on-the-edge-of-your-seat thrillers that force me to probe the deepest recesses of my mind for answers when questions such as "What would the average sensible American do if he encountered a pulsing ball of protoplasm from outer space?" are posed. That's right: he'd poke it with a stick. (credit due to Amazon's review of The Blob for that wonderful question and answer).
-Favorite type of music: rock, some pop, folk rock, generally humorous and off-beat stuff
-Hobbies: walking, painting, photography, reading, pondering
-Word or phrase you overuse: “Today,” and other boring sentence promoters
-Toothpaste: Crest
-Piercing or tattoos: None
-Do you get along with your parents: Yeah, pretty much
-Favorite beer: Unopened
-Favorite song at the moment: I really haven’t been listening to any “new” music lately..“Pardon Me,” by Mundy, “Free,” by Train, “Ruby Sees All,” by Cake, “A Minor Incident” by Badly Drawn Boy
-Most humiliating moment: Mardi Gras last year, totally messing up a role-playing skit in health class
-Favorite Holiday: I do tend to like Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home