I haven't updated in a while, partially because I wanted the full effects of that last blog to sink into the minds of the guestbook vandals, and partially because I've been busy/lazy. Yesterday evening was senior scholarship night. Unfortunately, W.T.E. received the Parkdale one which I so desperately wanted. But, I got the Sprint one and one of the Koberg memorial scholarships, so that's cool. After enjoying the free dessert in the commons, I came home and finished up my big fat chick lab. Yep, I finished the dang thing. It ended up being 30 pages, but that was double spaced and included the graphs, cover page, and references page. I think I did ok..I hope DeBorde can tell that I put a significant portion of time into it. Got to turn it in today.
So not much going on today, rainy, and tomorrow is the luau, which I'm thinking of skipping 'cause it'll be crappy weather as it usually is. This evening Becky and I decided to drive up to Laurance Lake to find a bear and we walked around in the rain awhile. Strolling along that gravel road, no bears were evident but the tell-tale beeps of a pika pierced the evening air. We didn't see the first one but on our way back we heard another series of beeps coming from the pile of rocks where I originally filmed one last fall. Luckily pikas are not as cautious as marmots and we saw it scurrying amongst the boulders. Cute little critter. Oblivious, but adorable. Someday I shall obtain a photograph.
So not much going on today, rainy, and tomorrow is the luau, which I'm thinking of skipping 'cause it'll be crappy weather as it usually is. This evening Becky and I decided to drive up to Laurance Lake to find a bear and we walked around in the rain awhile. Strolling along that gravel road, no bears were evident but the tell-tale beeps of a pika pierced the evening air. We didn't see the first one but on our way back we heard another series of beeps coming from the pile of rocks where I originally filmed one last fall. Luckily pikas are not as cautious as marmots and we saw it scurrying amongst the boulders. Cute little critter. Oblivious, but adorable. Someday I shall obtain a photograph.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home