Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, May 28, 2004

Today is Becky's last day here. And it was again pouring rain for the majority of hours this afternoon. So we drove up to the vet clinic and I am going to be working there again this summer, starting the week after graduation. I might even be grooming some dogs. Then we went up to PD to get ice cream at the whistle stop. Let me tell you, the whistle stop's scoops are by far the largest in the valley. You really get your money's worth. Two scoops is like a whole pint. Plus it's tillamook, which is inherently superior. And they have a great variety of flavors. As usual, I got bubble gum. Pink ice cream with real hunks of gum in it. It's yummy. One might even say it's bubblicious.

We were trying to come up with something to do and had dismissed Lost Lake 'cause of the weather, but later in the afternoon a break in the clouds was visible and the sun started shining. I suggested at least driving to the lake, so we did. Practically no one was up there, it was raining off and on. We parked and did some intense hiking in the rain to the dock. The trail was a series of several inch deep puddles, and once we reached the little sections of boardwalk hail began pelting down. Big globules of it, hitting the walkway and bouncing off to float downstream amongst the skunk cabbage. I got a few good photos of this phenomenon. The dock was pretty much underwater and falling apart. We hurriedly splashed through the puddles back to the car and saw a ringneck pheasant in a field on the way home, and a double rainbow which was really vibrant. Not much happening since. Just lasagna and cheesecake eating. Basically a lot of dairy products were consumed today.

Now I'm gonna post some photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home