Congratulations Class of 2004.
Graduation went pretty well, because I avoided stumbling and falling. Wearing cool shoes isn't worth it if you're compromising your comfort. Why we were required to arrive an hour ahead of the ceremony is anyone's guess. I talked Tim into taking the '56 chevy..there are no seatbelts in the '56, nor bucket seats. Half the day Friday was spent trying to get the thing running. Minor problems, nothing the auto techies at Parkdale couldn't fix. Perfect weather really.
A few wind gusts during pomp and circumstance; we were all bracing ourselves and holding on to our caps. But scattered clouds illuminated by the setting sun were a gorgeous backdrop, and the breeze was warm. Kadell looked pretty ticked, probably due to an excess of talking and squirt guns. About ten people maintained a 4.0, I one, and were awarded plaques for valedictorians. I was starting to doubt whether I'd get an A in adv. bio., 'cause my chick lab wasn't stellar and I shrugged off my salivary gland lab responsibilities.
After the approximately two hour ordeal Uncle Scott finally found me for pictures and then mom, and we went for the diploma inside and then nearly lost it due to one last renegade gust at the handprint wall. Rushed home and then back for the party. I won a Rosauers gift cert. in the amount of ten bucks and a bunch of paper and diskettes. Exciting stuff. But then again someone was handing out twenty dollar bills and free nalgenes, so I guess enduring the boringness was worth it. A HR news guy was wandering about collecting comments, asked me why I wasn't dancing. The music selection included such smash hits as "Baby Got Back" and a pounding, dance version of "blue." That pretty much sums it up. Add to that my self consciousness and inability to get enthused when surrounded by fake fog, bits of plastic swirling, and, as Robyn put it, an "orgy line." So I was sitting against the wall. My response: "I'm not really into it." I inquired as to whether this would be published material. So perhaps my generic answer shall be printed in the newspaper.
I got up really late today and have watched tv since.
"That crowded, noisy restaurant. All that fondue! What was I thinking? Your father is a diabetic!"
-Vivian from "My So-Called Life"
If you can't get concerned about preserving the polar bear, perhaps you can find enough gusto within yourself to fight against global warming for the sake of making sure THE BLOB's frozen condition will continue indefinitely. You wouldn't want to see half the known world absorbed by the blob, now would you?
Graduation went pretty well, because I avoided stumbling and falling. Wearing cool shoes isn't worth it if you're compromising your comfort. Why we were required to arrive an hour ahead of the ceremony is anyone's guess. I talked Tim into taking the '56 chevy..there are no seatbelts in the '56, nor bucket seats. Half the day Friday was spent trying to get the thing running. Minor problems, nothing the auto techies at Parkdale couldn't fix. Perfect weather really.
A few wind gusts during pomp and circumstance; we were all bracing ourselves and holding on to our caps. But scattered clouds illuminated by the setting sun were a gorgeous backdrop, and the breeze was warm. Kadell looked pretty ticked, probably due to an excess of talking and squirt guns. About ten people maintained a 4.0, I one, and were awarded plaques for valedictorians. I was starting to doubt whether I'd get an A in adv. bio., 'cause my chick lab wasn't stellar and I shrugged off my salivary gland lab responsibilities.
After the approximately two hour ordeal Uncle Scott finally found me for pictures and then mom, and we went for the diploma inside and then nearly lost it due to one last renegade gust at the handprint wall. Rushed home and then back for the party. I won a Rosauers gift cert. in the amount of ten bucks and a bunch of paper and diskettes. Exciting stuff. But then again someone was handing out twenty dollar bills and free nalgenes, so I guess enduring the boringness was worth it. A HR news guy was wandering about collecting comments, asked me why I wasn't dancing. The music selection included such smash hits as "Baby Got Back" and a pounding, dance version of "blue." That pretty much sums it up. Add to that my self consciousness and inability to get enthused when surrounded by fake fog, bits of plastic swirling, and, as Robyn put it, an "orgy line." So I was sitting against the wall. My response: "I'm not really into it." I inquired as to whether this would be published material. So perhaps my generic answer shall be printed in the newspaper.
I got up really late today and have watched tv since.
"That crowded, noisy restaurant. All that fondue! What was I thinking? Your father is a diabetic!"
-Vivian from "My So-Called Life"
If you can't get concerned about preserving the polar bear, perhaps you can find enough gusto within yourself to fight against global warming for the sake of making sure THE BLOB's frozen condition will continue indefinitely. You wouldn't want to see half the known world absorbed by the blob, now would you?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home