I awoke really late as I usually do when I don't have to work. Like noon. My schedule is so bad right now. I stay up till 1 or 2 and wake up at 7:30 when I have to work, otherwise it's noon. I called Mrs. Marker about house/dog sitting in August. Another 6 night deal. Tomorrow shall be a busy day, at least until early evening. Becky, I do realize that you have The Graduate soundtrack somewhere, I just can't find it. Anyway I think it'd be worth it to get The Essential set because it's pretty cheap on ebay. And I too like the video for "Float On." Thus far I have sustained no injuries from plummeting boulders or shale.
In the early afternoon I went to see Mrs. Jackson, we talked over ice tea about Disneyland, Domino, the summer so far, movies, and college. Hopefully I'll manage to stay un-mangled these next couple days. Domino playfully attacked me but it was painful nontheless. Thank goodness that dog can be distracted with a frisbee.
JC Penney catalog shopped for college essentials. I better not regret those periwinkle towels.
We went to Black Lake again tonight for crayfish trap retrieval. When we pulled into the parking lot a guy swiftly ran away into the woods which was a tad suspicious. When Tim checked his traps he found that someone had tampered with them. I thought perhaps we just didn't catch many miraculously but then Tim told me that one had had a can of catfood in the bait compartment. As in a tin can, that couldn't have just disentegrated, and it was gone. We regained our loss with the aid of a wire collapsable net with a 6+ foot pole handle. One can collect an impressive quantity simply by placing the net behind the crayfish and walking towards the skittish crustacean. Once they feel threatened, they swim/scoot backwards right into the net. Nifty, eh? I finally caught a monster crayfish with that thing. It was truly like a mini lobster. I have yet to decide whether or not crayfish are capable of experiencing emotions. Possessing cannabalistic tendencies, it's not looking terribly promising. But who knows? I let the huge one go. I couldn't take it away from its home, that thing was like, too respectable to do that. Once home we attempted to transfer the bucket of crayfish into a large bird trap to put in our pond, but they were all getting out; the spacing wasn't small enough. So we had to hand-transfer them into a large crayfish trap and then into our pond. I still found a couple escapees crawling around in the dirt so I carried them to the pond and they're floating free.
In the early afternoon I went to see Mrs. Jackson, we talked over ice tea about Disneyland, Domino, the summer so far, movies, and college. Hopefully I'll manage to stay un-mangled these next couple days. Domino playfully attacked me but it was painful nontheless. Thank goodness that dog can be distracted with a frisbee.
JC Penney catalog shopped for college essentials. I better not regret those periwinkle towels.
We went to Black Lake again tonight for crayfish trap retrieval. When we pulled into the parking lot a guy swiftly ran away into the woods which was a tad suspicious. When Tim checked his traps he found that someone had tampered with them. I thought perhaps we just didn't catch many miraculously but then Tim told me that one had had a can of catfood in the bait compartment. As in a tin can, that couldn't have just disentegrated, and it was gone. We regained our loss with the aid of a wire collapsable net with a 6+ foot pole handle. One can collect an impressive quantity simply by placing the net behind the crayfish and walking towards the skittish crustacean. Once they feel threatened, they swim/scoot backwards right into the net. Nifty, eh? I finally caught a monster crayfish with that thing. It was truly like a mini lobster. I have yet to decide whether or not crayfish are capable of experiencing emotions. Possessing cannabalistic tendencies, it's not looking terribly promising. But who knows? I let the huge one go. I couldn't take it away from its home, that thing was like, too respectable to do that. Once home we attempted to transfer the bucket of crayfish into a large bird trap to put in our pond, but they were all getting out; the spacing wasn't small enough. So we had to hand-transfer them into a large crayfish trap and then into our pond. I still found a couple escapees crawling around in the dirt so I carried them to the pond and they're floating free.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home