Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, September 17, 2004

I went to work for the last time today. It was actually almost sad leaving. Dr. Kathy gave me a cool looking handleless ceramic mug that will be perfect computer-side for pens and such, and some locally made confections.

I really should have started packing up my stuff earlier in the day, but of course I slacked off. I didn't do much this afternoon, except at 3 I went to Samantha's for one final get-together. We all made posters and then decorated each other's with funny and random phrases, words, and drawings. We took pictures with an i zone camera and sticky film for decoration. It was cool. Then we ate homemade pizza which was excellent and after dinner put together magnets which utilized clear decor gems and pictures from magazines. Oh gosh..old teen magazines. Sheesh.
Once home I started a packing frenzy. I have the majority of non-clothes items in boxes now. It's a bit stressful, trying to pack up one's life and move. And I know I don't even have a right to say that..this is only the beginning. Mixed feelings on this moving out thing..

After I felt slightly better about the messy state that my stuff was in, I went to let Domino out and check on the gecko and guinea pigs. There was a little cricket holder atop the kitchen counter (for feeding the gecko). Reminds me of my early interests of catching praying mantises and feeding them grasshoppers. The gecko looked like it hadn't moved since Tuesday when I went to get the key. Still sitting in its plastic cave.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have you moved yet, have you moved yet? If so, how is the co-op? If not, freaked out much yet?

    Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home