Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, September 20, 2004

Today was a fairly busy day. Saw Jon, talked to him awhile. He was walking outside his residence hall. All the Hood River people are either in the one right across from me or this other one that's nearby. Also ran into Sara, Michelle, and Fae...We ended up going to Fred Meyers again, actually for the third time. Still a lot of stuff I needed, including another blanket. I got my textbooks, all three of them. Too bad I didn't find any used copies of the ones I needed at the bookstore. Still, under a hundred bucks, I figure that's cheap. Also got a lock for my computer, which runs through the hole in my desk to the ground, where it is attached to a padlock too large to fit through the hole. So someone would have to do some major unplanned room remodeling to get it out of here. Bought a page-up at the bookstore too. (It's like yours Becky, only with a shark in place of the goldfish!) And, I got a cell phone. It flips open. And this impresses me, as I've never had one before. I love technology. Today we had a meeting regarding the constitution of the lodge. Tomorrow is the rest of that meeting, and another one about chores, and convocation. This evening my mom left. It was sad but considering I'll probably be heading back for the homecoming game, it won't be so bad. At 8 there was a marshmallow roast/s'mores social followed by viewing of Camp Nowhere. That was pretty fun. Roasting marshmallows over charcoal. I shouldn't have roasted two though because I was left with an overflowing 'mallow problem. Oh! Tim filled his bear tag today! I can't believe I missed it. Supposedly it's a 350 pounder. But then exaggerations lurk in the back of my mind. That is pretty big for around here. Still, it's certainly possible. Expect a sudden surplus of bear claws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home