Another long boring day. Early afternoon Rachel, Jasmine, and I did go out for lunch and errands. The sushi restaurant that Jasmine wanted to go to didn't open for another two minutes, so we went to Borders first. I really felt like buying a CD or a David Sedaris book but I found the prices to be a bit above what I wanted to pay. Like, I'm not paying $18 for a CD when I can find it on ebay for $10 or less. But I liked that store, I'd never even been to one.
Lunch...picture Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean colliding with food services. Basically a waterway carrying a chain of small wood boats in place of the normal counter. On top of the boats were a variety of random foods on covered plates. I got an iced tea expecting to get out of actually trying something new, but alas, I gave in. I tried some rice encased in a dough-like covering of tofu, which was surprisingly good, and a sweet egg omelette, which was just rice with egg on top with a band of seaweed around it. Ok, I didn't like the seaweed..but I managed to eat it. We got mochi ice cream too, which are like spheres of ice cream covered with a floury dough-like substance. I went with the safe and predictable vanilla..it was really good. It actually tasted like real vanilla. Rachel got green tea ice cream, which I tried and didn't like too much. So, who knows, maybe we'll go back sometime and I'll eventually work my way up to the eel or squid. I doubt it though.
Then we went to Fred Meyer. I got a binder for my geology book and cinnamon teddy grahams and a few essential candy bars. That's all that happened today. I've done a scant amount of homework. I changed my black ink cartridge, and wrote a couple thank you letters..
Lunch...picture Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean colliding with food services. Basically a waterway carrying a chain of small wood boats in place of the normal counter. On top of the boats were a variety of random foods on covered plates. I got an iced tea expecting to get out of actually trying something new, but alas, I gave in. I tried some rice encased in a dough-like covering of tofu, which was surprisingly good, and a sweet egg omelette, which was just rice with egg on top with a band of seaweed around it. Ok, I didn't like the seaweed..but I managed to eat it. We got mochi ice cream too, which are like spheres of ice cream covered with a floury dough-like substance. I went with the safe and predictable vanilla..it was really good. It actually tasted like real vanilla. Rachel got green tea ice cream, which I tried and didn't like too much. So, who knows, maybe we'll go back sometime and I'll eventually work my way up to the eel or squid. I doubt it though.
Then we went to Fred Meyer. I got a binder for my geology book and cinnamon teddy grahams and a few essential candy bars. That's all that happened today. I've done a scant amount of homework. I changed my black ink cartridge, and wrote a couple thank you letters..


1 Comments:
At 12:50 AM ,
Anonymous said...
did you know that the study of ice in nature is called glaciology? do you think glaciologists spelunk in icy caves? they just stalag-might! i heard basketball players like to spedunk in icy caves though.
alex
Post a Comment
<< Home