Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

BASICS
1. What is your favorite animal? Muskrat.
2. What is your spirit animal? No idea.
3. Your age, in dog years: approximately 2.57 yrs. Actually I think there’s a new system for determining this, but I’m sticking with the 7 human yrs.=1 dog yr. system.
4. Height in extremely vague terms: fairly short
5. Favorite dairy product: alpenrose chocolate milk

MUSIC
1. What's your favorite album at the moment? Probably The Cure: Mixture of Tunes actually
2. What are two of your favorite songs? "Anchor the Sun" by Mundy and "Two Step" by Dave Matthews Band
3. Are you a Beatles person or a Stones person? Beatles
4. Who is better, AC/DC or Zeppelin? Zeppelin
5. What's the best Zeppelin album? I feel so unworthy of this survey right now.
6. Favorite Beatles album? White Album or Abbey Road
7. Do you like classical music at all? Yes, but I don’t really listen to it
8. Do you like reggae? Not particularly
9. Do you like traditional Native American music? I don’t think so, but then I’ve never really heard much of it.
10. What Billy Joel song is better-Uptown Girl or We Didn't Start The Fire? We Didn't Start The Fire
11. Is the heart of rock and roll still beatin'? Yes.
12. Is punk still alive? No.
13. Are you looking forward to Lindsay Lohan's album? She has an album? What’s with this inundation of Disney-promoted teen girls?
14. Do you like hip-hop? Not generally
15. Admit it, you like some Outkast. Actually, yeah. I think their videos are awesome too.

POLITICS (that's right y'all, this is a hard hitting survey)
1. Have you ever voted in a presidential election? No.
2. If yes, for whom? Would have voted for Gore.
3. Do you agree with your parents when it comes to politics? We’re all registered democrats, but that doesn’t mean I agree with all of their opinions. Actually my mom was considering voting for Bush.
4. Do you get angry and flustered when you talk politics with people? No, it’s amusing.
5. Have you ever killed a man in the heat of passion with a machete? No. I drowned a muskrat once though. Its pelt is hanging on the wall.
6. Do you consider yourself conservative, liberal, or something else? Liberal.
7. Is Michael Moore really fat? If he’s considered scientifically obese, then I suppose yeah. But I don’t care.
8. Should the Electoral College be eradicated? It would cause wide-spread confusion and panic.
9. Who is the best political musician-Springsteen. Dylan, Lennon, The Clash or Toby Keith? Heck I don’t know.
10. Who do you like to hear political commentary from on TV (or whatever)? Not a big fan of political commentary.
11. The Iraq War…spring break follies or beginning of the apocalypse follies? How about a mixture of the two.
12. Bill Clinton is still hip, right? Perhaps. He wrote a book and is probably acquiring a great deal of wealth. That’s always hip if you’re already famous and write a book because you know it’ll be published no matter what.

HUMANS AND STUFF
1. Is our generation fucked? Nah. I wish people would stop saying that..especially Tim. I scoff at his fatalistic views.
2. Do you consider human life to be precious and indispensable? No. Aren’t there around seven and a half billion people now? Maybe I’m biased but I do value my life (and people I know).
3. Is the universe the product of purpose or random? Don’t know.
4. Is God forgiving or totally grizzled and gruff? Still questioning existence.
5. Does God speak to you? See above.
6. Have you had an epiphany lately? Nope.
7. Are your actions predetermined? I know spontaneity rules, but I have to confess that many of my actions are predetermined, as in I plan them out. Besides, spontaneity is incredibly difficult to incorporate in, say, brushing one’s teeth. Oh wait, is this like fate/destiny or what?

ANIMALS
1. What animal has the best plumage ever? Ha, yeah..natural inclination is penguin, those shamful creatures, but albatrosses rule the roost on this one.
2. Favorite bear? Cave bear.
3. Favorite animal pelt? Russian lynx is pretty amazing, pine marten, or an especially well-spotted bobcat. But ya can't beat a bear rug either.
4. Most versatile beast? Some non-native species that can effectively wipe out local populations. 5. Most fierce beast? Oh yeah...jellyfish are soo fierce. As far as racking up human deaths goes, I’d say mosquitoes. But fierce for the sake of being fierce? I’d say either a Siberian tiger or large burly bear.
6. Most delicious beast? I like turkey.
7. Beast you'd most want to fight in a loin cloth? I really can’t say I’d want to fight a beast in a loin cloth. This is very much a guy-specific question. No, an Alex-specific question. I suppose that’s allowed since he created this survey though.
8. Beast you'd most want to give a high five? Probably a beast that lacks razor-sharp talons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home